Rio i line

Lee.C

Reaction score
I am really interested in the iline, but was wondering what head weight would best fit my guideline 10' 7#, I thought 13.05 grams but only a guess.

Cheers

AL

Hi AL

This information may further help you decide...

http://flyfishinginstructor.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/rio-i-line-questions/

The markings were put on by myself simply as an analysis and teaching aid.

Someone asked about turning tips earlier, my sea trout fishing last year was carried out by using the 13gram prototype that I was presented with. I encountered no issues turning 7ft Rio versileaders or spitting over fair sized wake lures. I dont have the 15 gram although evidence of using the 13 gram will lead me to believe that the 15 will only make this task even easier....

Best Regards

Last edited:

speers

Reaction score
i have had my local tackle dealer on the phone this morning explaining that rio are not making the il 15 or the il 17 now so he will be unable to supply me, could anybody tell me where i can get the rio I line in the heaviest weight the il 17 is this is the line which will best suit my switch rod.
b.r speers

ibm59

Reaction score
I managed to grab a very little used iL11 over the weekend , and had a wee go with it today on my new toy , a Guideline Fario 9' #5.
Bearing in mind that I'm just getting used to the new rod , this line is a seriously good piece of kit.
Roll cast , snap T , single / double Spey , switch cast and overhead all very easily accomplished.
Shoots like a dream too.:)

I'll be getting one for my 10' #7 Loomis GLX.

albyn73

Banned
Reaction score
Tight git !!:p:D:)

Tight git nothing!

I just dont see the point of spending £65 or so on a line that can be had for less, and STILL do the SAME job, as the one at £65 or whatever it costs! Maybe thats why I've been called a few things, but never a "Tight Git" or "Tackle Junkie!".;)

I'm quite sure I'd not be the only one with this frame of mind. After all its only a Trout Line!;)

Last edited:

natthargreaves

Reaction score
Got back from a trip to Germany on Monday and got an iline for my z axis 7 wt and can only say it is a very very good line I was only charged 55quid but if it lasts as long as the rio grand I have been useing then I feel it is money well spent. It makes fishing for ST at night alot easier with little overhead casting needed to get whateaver distance I need so all in all I am glad I bought it
tight lines Natt;)

jcmj

Reaction score
Got back from a trip to Germany on Monday and got an iline for my z axis 7 wt and can only say it is a very very good line I was only charged 55quid but if it lasts as long as the rio grand I have been useing then I feel it is money well spent. It makes fishing for ST at night alot easier with little overhead casting needed to get whateaver distance I need so all in all I am glad I bought it
tight lines Natt;)

Natt
Which size did you get ? - i have the same rod and would like to buy one of these lines
thanks
John

Last edited:

natthargreaves

Reaction score
Hi jcmj
I got the il 15 it was recommended and tested by the guy in the shop and the rio comparison chart my rod is the 9ft6 z axis and now I have used it for a few late sessions on the water I can say it suits the rod and my stile down to a tee a very good buy as far as I am concerned
regs Natt :p:p:p:p:p

dabbler

Reaction score
loomis switch

hi,anyone know of a uk stockist for the loomis switch rod,i only know of american legacy.thanks tim