Right place right time at last!

sneakypeter

Reaction score
After what seems like forever, walking miles, fishing hundreds of hours and always just not being in THE spot at the right time, I managed to tick the right box and caught a stunning 12lb hen fish this afternoon, beautiful ,bright silvery/blue, ferocious scrap from a very tight position in very fast water, rafts a drifting weed from the cut making for some tense moments. RESULT, one very happy bunny. Single barbless hook fell out in
the net, she swam away strongly after a little sulk under a bush.
peter

Fruin

Reaction score
Well done Peter - good to hear that you are off the mark! :cool:

miramichi

Reaction score
A great story that we all can relate too. Congratulations, and especially for using the barbless single hook too...I must admit that I don't crush that barb unless the fishing is red hot - but I should, and I do like singles.

Paul Greenacre

Banned
Reaction score
congrats - my son Jared did the same today - a 12lb hen at 2.45pm on the Hampshire avon - his first ever Salmon - pics and video to follow

compagnito

Banned
Reaction score
please don't drag me into someone elses' moments of glory.

Congratulations to all for a great effort.

What were the fish caught on?

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Mine was from the Test, on a prawn, very difficult fishing conditions with tons of weed floating downriver in huge clumps from the weed cutting. Needed 2oz of lead just to keep the bait in the zone for 30 seconds at times, long enough though!
peter

gotoneon

Reaction score
Mine was from the Test, on a prawn, very difficult fishing conditions with tons of weed floating downriver in huge clumps from the weed cutting. Needed 2oz of lead just to keep the bait in the zone for 30 seconds at times, long enough though!
peter

Aw Naw. . . . . Pete. . . .Compy will NO be pleased to hear that. Waht you meant was it was caught on a very very lifelike hometied prawn fly with a very fast sinking tip in orderr to hold the fly in place.;););););):D:D:D:D:D

Nae offence Compagnito mate;)

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Gotoneon, the Test Valley tic magnet may well choke on his port at the very suggestion of a crustacean, albeit a purple one, but hey, we all have choices in fishing methods (well sometimes, and certainly not everywhere!) and I,ll use every legal one I can on any river to give me the best chance of a fish in the prevailing conditions.
I totally respect someone who,s choice is to fly fish, each to his/her own, me, Well to be honest I,am greedy, I just love catching salmon irrespective of how, fly, bait and at a push spinning(not a favorite), I get a real buzz out of every fish ,however caught, and I can,t see that changing anytime soon!
peter

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Pressure, no ,just frustration, but really got rid of that this morning, despite a rising, heavily coloured Test, a nice 8lb hen obliged, missed one too, oh happy days!
peter