Ribble 2022

Andrew B

Reaction score
RIBBLE FISH COUNTS 2021
Well now we have the December counter figures and the total for last year of fish counted up the Ribble thorough Waddow. The up count was just 4 fish up and 6 fish down. The up count was just 1 fish under 4 lbs and 3 over 4lbs. This brings the years total to 393 fish over 4 lbs and 644 fish under 4lbs. Very disappointing to say the least.
Oouuffff that’s worrying. That said it does mirror the river in Wales I also fish

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
Nearly all my flies start off as a pattern I've seen in a magazine or on the internet but I usually find I haven't got some exotic fur or the right shade of floss required. I tie them anyway with whatever materials I have and they finish up looking nothing like the original pattern

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk
That’s how new patterns are created Budge😀👍

Andrew B

Reaction score
I doubt you could create a new fly without someone claiming its a variant of another pattern.
Now just grab next doors cat while I take a cutting

That’s why some Ghillies will just put down in the return book, what original fly it’s based on.
Very difficult to do but I reckon the reason we all freaked out at Clydebuilts fly is because it was so unique imo.

budge

Reaction score
That’s why some Ghillies will just put down in the return book, what original fly it’s based on.
Very difficult to do but I reckon the reason we all freaked out at Clydebuilts fly is because it was so unique imo.
Did I miss that one ? I'm usually straight to the vice if I see something new

Andrew B

Reaction score
Did I miss that one ? I'm usually straight to the vice if I see something new

Oh it was on one of the fly comps from last summer I think. Pretty sure it won and trust me you’ll know when you see it

budge

Reaction score
Oh it was on one of the fly comps from last summer I think. Pretty sure it won and trust me you’ll know when you see it
I might well have seen it then I usually check them out.