Recommendation

D

Deleted by request

Rarely spin, looking for rod to cast up to 45 gram. wanting as a back up to fly

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Sonic spinning rods are very good, and not expensive, full range of lenghts/ratings, I bought a 10ft rated to 60grams, very nice to use, light in the hand, casts brilliantly, plenty of power when needed, looks good too.

D

Deleted by request

Sonic spinning rods are very good, and not expensive, full range of lenghts/ratings, I bought a 10ft rated to 60grams, very nice to use, light in the hand, casts brilliantly, plenty of power when needed, looks good too.
Never knew were still business, who selling them

gwelsher

Reaction score
There is a huge range of spinning rods available these days and they are very good. No need to pay silly prices.
Look at Shimano, Sonik, Abu and pick the length you want and the casting weight you need in the 30-60 gram bracket.
Length will be dictated by the river you are fishing. Not the length you want to cast as even an 8' rod will cast 40+ mtrs easily. It is the bank space you have. I like 11' rods as I can hold the rod high if needed and keep the line from being dragged by the current, this keeps a more direct contact with the spinner. But if I'm on an overgrown bank I will scale down to an 8' rod if needed.

D

Deleted by request

There is a huge range of spinning rods available these days and they are very good. No need to pay silly prices.
Look at Shimano, Sonik, Abu and pick the length you want and the casting weight you need in the 30-60 gram bracket.
Length will be dictated by the river you are fishing. Not the length you want to cast as even an 8' rod will cast 40+ mtrs easily. It is the bank space you have. I like 11' rods as I can hold the rod high if needed and keep the line from being dragged by the current, this keeps a more direct contact with the spinner. But if I'm on an overgrown bank I will scale down to an 8' rod if needed.
9' or 10' rod.

SteveG

Reaction score
9' or 10' rod.
What’s your budget

I prefer lure type rods now with the shorter handles and because I only use braid I like to be in touch with the blank to feel what the lure/spinner is doing, this allows you to tell what is a take or interest and recast if needed

gwelsher

Reaction score
Personally I prefer a full handle as you have the extra leverage to hold a big fish, but we all have personal preferences.
Look at the
Abu Venturi 15-50gm
Sonik Vader X 20-60
Good rods, not budget nasties, that will do a good job for not a lot of money. I can never understand how they can make them for these prices.

D

Deleted by request

Budget maybe 80 as it will only be used a few times a year