Rain glorious rain

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
My nightly rain dance finally paid off :D
Never in my life have I been so happy to get soaked through at work.
Bloody horrible day. Yeeha.
I don't know if it will be enough to give our rivers the well needed lift they need but got my apprentice primed for me disappearing up the hills at minutes notice.
It's meant to rain hard all through the night so fingers crossed.

wilkinson shrimp

Reaction score
I don't know if it will be enough to give our rivers the well needed lift they need but got my apprentice primed for me disappearing up the hills at minutes notice.
heavy rain again this Saturday looks like the next dry day will be a week on thursday

iainmortimer

Reaction score
I’m hoping the same hits the Brecon Beacons. Be good to see the river get a 1m rise to give it a good flush though as I’m sure after such a long dry spell anything else will achieve little but a colouring up!

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I've seen what drink does to people... especially several posters on this site....it's not good .🥴
It is never a good plan to involve yourself in any discussion online when your pissed.
Never ends well.
Ive developed the canny knack of being able to drink until I'm a bit tipsy then can pace myself so I don't get anymore drunk. Holidays are the worst spend the whole 2 weeks half cut but never drunk.
I just fall asleep these days anyway and wake up feeling shite :LOL:

Richardgw

Reaction score
I’m hoping the same hits the Brecon Beacons. Be good to see the river get a 1m rise to give it a good flush though as I’m sure after such a long dry spell anything else will achieve little but a colouring up!
Well Iain we there is definitely a rise on the upper Usk, Yscir and Senni. How much we get lower down at say Brecon is difficult to say but a good couple of feet although as you suggest it will be dirty. Give it chance to flush though and maybe, just maybe, we might have a chance of a fish or two in the newly oxygenated water.

dave1959

Reaction score
You better get your collection of John Travolta records out mate.;)

mows

Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow, should a few about if get a decent lift, seems like yonks ago the river was well up on opening day now!
I’ve managed to get a few free hours Wednesday before back to work Thursday.
Give me a shout Tuesday night.

keirross

Reaction score
The burn just along had a decent rising head on it yesterday evening for the first time in over a month to about eight inches. Colour was distinctly diff from former similar flows, sort of a grey beige soup. The lift might just get st into R Devon.

As MetO records show, much of UK was very dry but big on sunshine c/o hp feeding northerlies into easterlies. UK ave temp was 2.5C cooler than lta. Check the Jets.