R.B Meiser 15' MKX

Sk8ter

Reaction score
Anyone fishing with the new CX or MKX Meiser Spey rod? What else is it comparable to that's sold here in the UK?
As there are no agents and trying one out is not possible, I would be keen to get your feed back if you fish one of these. 1) Castability/lines 2) Finish 3) Warrenty
Thanks

HART

Reaction score
I am happy to own an Meiser conversion rod, its an amazing rod(s). The quality of even his standard builds are among the best i have seen. The service and warranty is world class. Give Bob a call, he will be happy to answer all your questions.

Last edited:

bluejay

Reaction score
I have cast them and owned a first generation MKS and still own a first gen HC. I would like to have one of his MKX rods. The newer rods are much lighter in hand, have quicker recovery and track very straight. Always a great warranty from Meiser. I don't know what I'd compare them to.
Bob is a great person, and great to deal with, and if you really want to try one he might have some in the UK sitting somewhere for that purpose. Contact info is on his website.

Icelander05

Reaction score
I would say that they are to compared with Burkheimer, CND and maybe Vision (Cult) rods. The latter not made anymore and the other also not so easy to obtain. By the way. I do have a Highlander Classic 15 ft. on sale as I do have no use for it in the next time and as it is a shame having it standing around in the corner.
Icelander05

LanlishBrown

Reaction score
I have 4 Meiser rods, ranging from 14ft to 16ft and they are all Highlander Classics current and previous models. They are superb rods and in my opinion unlike anything you can buy in a UK tackle dealers. I love them and would highly recommend them. As others have said give Bob a call as he is super helpful.

leo

Reaction score
The 14' CX 8 weight 6 piece is an amazing rod. Fantastic castability. The same with finish. I would go on the Meiser website to find out about warranty.
Lines I've found good on it are -
Gaelforce 54' 9/10 +10 poly -spectacular
Gaelforce integrated shooting head 34 grams -very nice too (with 10 poly) and useful for the main river I fish, but a speyline feels even better
Flywerks Fast Intermediate shooting head 35 grams (with 10 poly) -made to match the rod -very nice too
Gaelforce skagit 600 grains -functional and useful when blowing a hooley/fast tips/heavy flies
Vision Hybrid 27grams +15' Rio versitips +5'-10' poly -again a useful line for heavy flies/wind

Highly recommended

Karl-K

Reaction score
I managed to get a 14’ 9/10 MKX a couple of months ago, it mainly for spring fishing and trips to BC, I’ve only had a couple of casts with it, so can’t really comment on lines etc to suit it. Build quality is simply superb. Speak to Bob he is really helpful, I have to admit that I’m already planning on buying another.

jonken

Reaction score
Anyone fishing with the new CX or MKX Meiser Spey rod? What else is it comparable to that's sold here in the UK?
As there are no agents and trying one out is not possible, I would be keen to get your feed back if you fish one of these. 1) Castability/lines 2) Finish 3) Warrenty
Thanks

I have the new 15' 7-9# CX 6 piece and it's a powerful rod with progressive action and very fast recovery. It has a wide grain window, so you can choose what kind of feel you like when casting. I have tried it with Scandi lines from 38' 580 grain to 45' 700 grain, easy casting with light feel. The Gaelforce Equalizer EEMT Extended Multi Tip 9/10# 47ft, 756 grain gives a deeper feel but still easy casting. Finally the Carron 9/10 65' speyline is a good light feel casting hole day line when longer floaters is required. Finish is the best you can get in my opinion, warranty no problems at all.

Give Bob a call or send him a mail ;)

Good luck finding your next rod!

78129687_2517411664961817_1347333598692245504_o.jpg
20191130_110705.jpg
20191130_104341.jpg

Last edited:

junior

Reaction score
Hi guys I own 3 meiser rods 13-15 15ft S series 11 weight heavy sink and sink tip lines 600-900 grains good spring and back end a cx 14 7/8/9/. 500-800 grains just bought this year and a master series covesion 7 480 - 520 weight love them great rods dying to get out with cx 7/8/9/get the feel of it

Michael_D_CPA

Reaction score
Late to this discussion but thought I would add to the great knowledge in this thread: I have settled with a Gaelforce ES 63' 9/10 although it might just cast anything else. The 73' 8/9 was also nice but I would run out of talent half way through the day.

I strung up a Rio Scandi Versitip #9 just to see what would happen....arrows across the river with just a flick of the the bottom hand.

I also own a Highlander EVE 140789 (pre-C and CX) and it is also a very special rod, Scandi 530 to Spey 710gn no problems.

tadpole

Reaction score
Got 2 meisers 2 burkheimers and 2 TFO rods Happy with all of them, Great well made rods and not that expensive.

jonken

Reaction score
Finally my new Meiser MKX 15' 8/9 arrived!
🥳

I have tested Scandi 11,5-12,5m 39-42 gram, Longer Scandi 12,5 m + from 42 gram. Example: Nextcast Salmosalar40 8/9 + 10' or 15' tip. Gaelforce EEMT extended multi-tip 9/10, Guideline Scandi and 4D. RIO Scandi body #9 or #10 + 15' tip. Carron Speyline 75' 9/10.

Attachments

• Meiser15MKX-1.jpg
    Meiser15MKX-1.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 33
  • Meiser15MKX-2.jpg
    Meiser15MKX-2.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Meiser15MKX-3.jpg
    Meiser15MKX-3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Meiser15MKX-4.jpg
    Meiser15MKX-4.jpg