Quilled Eagle 4/0

feathercollector

Reaction score
C57A719D-121C-447A-8567-31424BC141A8.jpeg new to the forum and thought I’d start off by sharing a Quilled Eagle I tied back in February. Unfortunately this never saw the water attached to a line as the friend I gifted this to lost the box it was held in (with a few dozen other patterns) the first day of the trip. 🤣
Tied on a 4/0 Pryce-Tannat hook and used silver pheasant marabou in place of the Eagle.
Thanks for looking!
Shawn

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Hi Feathercollector - that’s a beauty and it’s great you’ve jumped into the forum sharing your offerings. I can’t tie anything like that, but even if I lost a box of ‘Normal’ flies - it would break my heart based on the time and effort I’d put into them. To lose a box of flies like the ones you’ve tied there I couldn’t imagine!! I bet your pal must be feeling awful. What a loss. I hope someone finds the box and returns them. All the best and looking forward to seeing more. Cheers, Patrick

feathercollector

Reaction score
Hi Feathercollector - that’s a beauty and it’s great you’ve jumped into the forum sharing your offerings. I can’t tie anything like that, but even if I lost a box of ‘Normal’ flies - it would break my heart based on the time and effort I’d put into them. To lose a box of flies like the ones you’ve tied there I couldn’t imagine!! I bet your pal must be feeling awful. What a loss. I hope someone finds the box and returns them. All the best and looking forward to seeing more. Cheers, Patrick
I’m still giving him grief over it 😆 while it was a lot of work and I’d rather they’d all been snagged, I’d still do it all over again....next time will cost him a little more though 😉