PVC chesties???

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Right,

Needing a pair of PVC's for the saltwater and to leave rattling about in the pick up

No interest in using breathables, my Simms do me fine for all my other fishing...so...

I used to have an ancient pair of Oceans that were tough, but heard the quality has dropped severely? True? Or no?

Vass 700's and 740's, seem to get good reviews online?
Any real world Vass wader users?

Viking pvc chesties? Any good?

I'll only need good tough pvc jobs for short walk to beach, easy pull on/off but able to withstand the salty harshness, to be maintenance free but one requirement is a decent boot on them

Any input most welcome

Cheers

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I use the even cheaper vass 600 waders CB.

My current pair are around 3 years old. I have a pair of stocking foot breathables in the shed but haven't worn them this season at all. Far too handy to pull on the auld cheapos and head down the field.

No idea what they'd be like in salt water but I've no complaints. Other than a few pin holes due to wear and tear with barbed wire and thorn bushes, and a dab of aquasure to patch them, they're still going strong.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
I have a pair of Snowbee PVC, bootfoot chesties, around 15 years old, they never leaked when used a lot, and still no leaks when tested this year, the material is still subtle, no stiffening, probably will get binned, but only through having a clear out, just too many pairs gathering dust!

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Cheers gents,

Probably erring towards the Vass jobs👍

I have had Snowbee in the past but the boot wasn't that supportive and the sole was thin.. it was their cheapest nylon ones to be fair, get what you pay for I suppose and things may have changed.

Anyway, I appreciate the input👍👍

AlanT

Reaction score
Ive had a pair of Vass for 4 years. Bombproof and they have the bonus of having built in studs. They are made tight around the calves so if you have fat legs youd better try before you buy :LOL:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’ve had 3 pairs of Ocean pvc waders in the last 20 years and my last pair that I bought about 5-6 years ago are still going strong, and they’ve had hard repetitive use, often in the salt and up on Skye I’ve fished over the hardest and sharpest rocks and they’ve been brilliant. I do hear good reports of the Vass waders from my sea fishing friends as well.

Fergal1975

Reaction score
Vaas and ocean are both hard wearing. I recently binned a pair of oceans but only because I drew a saw blade across the shins when bank clearing. Replaced with Vaas 700s and they are great. Be warned though, your balls will cook if you have to walk any distance in warm weather.

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Vaas and ocean are both hard wearing. I recently binned a pair of oceans but only because I drew a saw blade across the shins when bank clearing. Replaced with Vaas 700s and they are great. Be warned though, your balls will cook if you have to walk any distance in warm weather.
My first ever pair of chesties were oceans Fergal, the miles I did in those bad boys was unreal, but agree'd, all PVC jobs are indeed boil in the bag !!!
Luckily, these are for the less energetic areas...(y)