PupMar14b.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 75

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Time to start walkng on Thursday so in the meantime more interactions
and a plea to free the Breagha One.:D
She is absolutely gorgeous Tom.
I can't wait to meet her sometime.
Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow too.
I've got your wee Irish rod ready to go. I've got my young lass to make a wee cloth pouch which will fit in the rod bag for the 2 butts.
I knew buying her a sewing machine from Christmas was a good plan.
I've got her making my rod bags for me.
£5 each gave her inspiration :ROFLMAO:
Especially when I said I needed 60.
She's only 12

keirstream

Reaction score
Brilliant tom! Are you hoping to get her on the banks with you when fishing?
All the time Andy. And she qualifies as a Hill Dug too. That's what dugs are for isn't it?
She's a smart wee thing, at 10 and a bit weeks she sits to a raised hand and stays (to an extent depending on distractions). Retrieving comes naturally to working strains but although she retrieves to hand getting her to let go of her toys will be the subject of more intensive training starting in a month or so. Before that, walking to heel and other basics need to be mastered.
She also responds to a whistle recall from one room to another and I've only really been giving her wee 5 minute lessons over the last week.
Over the last 2 days she has decided that she doesn't really fancy toileting in the house so that's the mats consigned to the next pup.(y)
She cries at the door to let us know she needs out.
She's going to be a good one and will train with little effort.:)

keirstream

Reaction score
She is absolutely gorgeous Tom.
I can't wait to meet her sometime.
Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow too.
I've got your wee Irish rod ready to go. I've got my young lass to make a wee cloth pouch which will fit in the rod bag for the 2 butts.
I knew buying her a sewing machine from Christmas was a good plan.
I've got her making my rod bags for me.
£5 each gave her inspiration :ROFLMAO:
Especially when I said I needed 60.
She's only 12
The waters looking good Gordon, you're in with a good chance tomorrow. (y)
Might even give you a sneak preview.

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Lovely looking wee pup is that mate,bet ye that turns out to be a good un, it’s got that alert look about it 👍

Andrew B

Reaction score
Lol stop it mate. Cuteness overload. Is it frowned on to speak like this in the hunting fraternity lol?

Andrew B

Reaction score
Lovely looking wee pup is that mate,bet ye that turns out to be a good un, it’s got that alert look about it 👍

Well yeah. I’m no expert but I guess like Collies, it’s got to be there in the first place to want to work and do what is in their blood so to speak.
I was only saying today on a walk how I can’t believe how many folk I see carrying these dogs like some little pet trophy?
Here’s a great passage from John Steinbeck’s “Travels with Charlie”.
I yield to no one in my distaste for the self styled dog lover, the kind who heaps up his frustrations and makes a dog carry them around. Such a dog lover talks baby talk to mature and thoughtful animals, and attributes his own sloppy characteristics to them until the dog becomes in his own mind an alter ego. Such people, it seems to me, in what they imagine to be kindness, are capable of inflicting long and lasting tortures on an animal, denying it any of its natural desires and fulfilment until a dog of weak character breaks down and becomes fat, asthmatic, befurred bundle of neuroses.
When a Stranger addresses Charley in baby talk, Charley avoids him. For Charley is not a human, he’s a dog, and he likes it that way. He feels that he’s a first rate dog and he has no wish to be a second rate human. When the alcoholic vet touched him with unsteady, inept hands, I saw the look of veiled contempt in Charley’s eyes. He knew about the man, I thought, and perhaps the doctor knew he knew. And maybe that was the mans trouble. It would be very painful to know that your patients had no faith in you.

I don’t think any of the above is far fetched as my collie has very good instincts into who might be worth bothering with and she doesn’t suffer fools gladly esp when she knows they don’t like dogs lol😉