posting reply to threads

bluejay

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why I am no longer able to post replies to threads.
Was it something I said?

bluejay

Reaction score
mc andy
Thank you, it was a classified ad. Did know of this new rule.

bluejay

Reaction score
Was only going comment on the 13' LPXE 8/9 for sale by comet. As I recall it was this rod that put the LPXE on the map, made it famous. If I did not have the same rod in 12'6" I would be interested.

wetwader

Reaction score
Was only going comment on the 13' LPXE 8/9 for sale by comet. As I recall it was this rod that put the LPXE on the map, made it famous. If I did not have the same rod in 12'6" I would be interested.
I just jump in, because I own those GL rods and can compare directly.
If you own the 12’6 in 8/9, both rods are very very different. Not at all the same.
In action the 13’ 8/9 is more like the 12’6 7/8. Both with strong reliable tip and deeper action. The 12’6 8/9 is completely different and has more tip action. The 13’ is a lot stronger and another league.
As already mentioned by you, it was this 13’, that made GL/LPXe well known. I would add the 15’. And some other rods of course...
All said for the 3piece versions. The 4piece models are another story in comparison again.

Hope this is some help and orientation.
If you like things a little faster (as you do when you like the 12’6), the 4piece version of the 13’ is a cracker, and between yours and the 13’ 3piece in action.

bluejay

Reaction score
wetwader,
Thanks for the insight. I have never cast the 13' but have always wanted to. I bought my 12'6" when first released, so I have had it a long time. Is a favorite small river rod in winter, doing a great job pulling out sunk heads. I have thought of upgrading to something in the 13' 7 wt. category and considered a Loop or another LPXe. If I was not in the states I would consider the 13'er that is offered here.
Mine has had considerable use and has never broke! :lol: