POLL: Tie of the Month October: 'Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long Leggedy Beasties'

Who tied your favourite three flies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Standout for me this month is Stephenb91 - such a clean tye and lovely proportions - definitely tying some great stuff. I also liked Fruin and Andrzej more classic entries because I know the skill in there. If I had more than three votes - I’d say woody’s and sedgy’s are two I’d be having on the line - and lee’s candyman is something I’d have tried a couple of weeks ago for the backend. And another cracker from Westie - glad to see him entering comps as you are lovely tyer as well. Loads of potential in Jockiescott’s werewolf and another reminder to have a look at waddles again. Basically lol - everyone - gets my vote this month!

Jockiescott

Reaction score
After much thought, my three votes went to woodsy, westie4566 and SnapT14. In that order.

Woodsy's fitted the theme to a tee for me, I even entered one myself but withdrew it again, as well as being the first one that would be on my line from all the entries.

Again, Westies fitted the theme as well as being one of my favourite hairwing patterns. Woodsy's on the point, Westie's on the dropper? 🙂

My third vote went to SnapT14 for his stunning tube version of what is a lovely pattern. The way the wing is stacked on that tube is absolutely beautiful and the two butts against the effect of the herl body is striking.

I changed my mind more times than enough before settling on these three. Another great month Iain and good luck to one and all.

Fruin

Reaction score
It's always difficult to pick three from such excellent flies! I tend to plump for my options based on a few criteria which are mainly; what would I be likely to fish, the quality of the tying and sometimes just the fact that it is different or a clever use of materials.
This month it was difficult because there were so many flies that ticked the boxes.
However, I went for Andrzej, Spectrum Shrimp and Westie4566. If I looked again I might pick a different three, but... these were the three that jumped out the fly box at me.

westie4566

Reaction score
For me this month, and in no particular order it was IainM as I loved that wing! Andrzej for the skillz and Snapt's tube as it's just stunning and something I'd happily fish.

Thanks again Iain for organising it all (y)

iainmortimer

Reaction score
For a theme that I felt was a bit of light hearted fun the entries were anything but with a seriously well tied group of entries worthy of a place in anyone box's. I never cease to be amazed at the perception of every months entries being better than the last and yet here we are again in that position as reflected by a good spread to the voting. As ever though there can only be one winner, or in our case 6 on the podium who are:

First place with a healthy 17 votes, and 10 points: JockieScott

With 15 votes for 2nd place and 7 points: Stephenb91

With 13 Votes for 3rd place and 5 points: Andrzej & SpectrumShrimp

With 9 votes for 4th place and 3 points: SnapT14

With 8 votes for 5th place and 2 points: Fruin, Woodsy, iainmortimer

With 7 votes for 6th place and 1 point: DrPatrickT

...and of course 4 points awarded for every entry regardless of placing.

Congrats everyone for achieving a podium finish amongst such a strong field, although it may have been a bit off this month given that I somehow snuck into a placing :oops:

I shall now go and sort out the overdue poll for Novembers entries...

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
For a theme that I felt was a bit of light hearted fun the entries were anything but with a seriously well tied group if entries worthy of a place in anyone box's. I never ceased to be amazed at the perception of every months entries being better than the last and yet here we are again in that position reflected by a good spread to the voting. As ever though there can only be one winner, or in our case 6 on the podium who are:

First place with a healthy 17 votes, and 10 points: JockieScott

With 16 votes for 2nd place and 7 points: Stephenb91

With 11 Votes for 3rd place and 5 points: Andrzej & SpectrumShrimp

With 10 votes for 4th place and 3 points: SnapT14

With 9 votes for 5th place and 2 points: Fruin, Woodsy, iainmortimer

With 8 votes for 6th place and 1 point: DrPatrickT

...and of course 4 points awarded for every entry regardless of placing.

Congrats everyone for achieving a podium finish amongst such a strong field, although it may have been a bit off this month given that I somehow snuck into a placing :oops:

I shall now go and sort out the overdue poll for Novembers entries...

How did that happen??? 😮

I never thought when I tied that fly that I'd get too many votes for it. Winning certainly didn't cross my mind.

I'm genuinely taken aback by this.

Well done everyone and a huge thanks as always to Iainmortimer for all his hard work.

Thanks everyone!

Andrzej

Reaction score
How did that happen??? 😮

I never thought when I tied that fly that I'd get too many votes for it. Winning certainly didn't cross my mind.

Well done everyone and a huge thanks as always to Iainmortimer for all his hard work.

Thanks everyone!
Congratulations Jockiescott, well deserved 1st place (y) As usual a lot of cracking flies, thanks everyone :)

SnapT14

Reaction score
How did that happen??? 😮

Thanks everyone!
Well done Jockie 👍👌