POLL: Tie of the Month - October 2020: What does your willie look like?

Who tied your favourite fly

• Ryan Houston

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Stephenb91

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • SpectrumShrimp

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Tailfire

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • onelastcast

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • SalmoSam84

• johnboysflys

• rotenone

• Clydebuilt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mcandy

• nigel passmore

• SnapT14

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • iainmortimer

• nwsalar

• doublehooked

• DrPatrickT

• nickolas

• Greys007

• PerryPoker

• TayRaider

• Boogie

• willmorris

• Woodsy

• tonymccann99

• Grassy_Knollington

• Andrzej

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • JockieScott

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • billy fish

• logan houston

• Wormo

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Well done Spectrum Shrimp - a beautifully tied fly. As ever, Jockiescott delivers - and we know he’s defined a Willie Gunn style on a fly that we’ve all tried to copy. And finally SnapT - storming through the ranks after claiming he’s a bit rusty!! Must have kept himself covered in WD40 all that time as not a speck of rust on his tying 👍👍👍

well done everyone else - some belters on show. Thanks again to Iain for running the show, it’s effort freely given to the forum - so really appreciate it Iain 👍

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
When I started this months competition I thought it would be a really tough one to decide both when deciding on a pattern and on deciding where to place my single vote. As it happens I was right for myself but whether that applied to everyone I will never know. What is clear though is that despite the usual extremely high standard of tying, the voters knew exactly what they consider to be a great willie with clear stand out positions as follows:

1st place standing well out on its own with 13 votes and 10 points: Spectrum Shrimp. A really neat fly with perfect balance of colour.

2nd placewith 8 votes, earning 8 points went to Jockie Scott. As ever a perfect demonstration of the soft hackling we have come to envy him for.

3rd place with 6 votes, earning 7 points went to SnapT14 with one of those slightly understated versions that you just know will take fish everywhere.

This competition easily achieved everything I hoped for in presenting a brilliant catalogue of Willie Gunn's in all their guises that I hope will be a great resource for years to come. Thanks again to everyone who makes the competition such a great event by submitting flies every month in the knowledge that other than an accolade they will get bugger all else!!!! :rolleyes:
Thanks to everyone who voted. There was some stiff competition and lovely flies produced. My first time entering the TOTM competition delighted to be part of it thanks again. Aodhan

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
Well done Spectrum Shrimp - a beautifully tied fly. As ever, Jockiescott delivers - and we know he’s defined a Willie Gunn style on a fly that we’ve all tried to copy. And finally SnapT - storming through the ranks after claiming he’s a bit rusty!! Must have kept himself covered in WD40 all that time as not a speck of rust on his tying 👍👍👍

well done everyone else - some belters on show. Thanks again to Iain for running the show, it’s effort freely given to the forum - so really appreciate it Iain 👍
Thanks very much DrPatrick appreciate your kind words there was some lovely flies on show. And well done to Iain for running TOTM really well organised 👍

SnapT14

Reaction score
Well done everyone, a comp that seems to improve monthly. Flies and cameras certainly aren't going backwards.

Looking forward to next year already......

Thanks more so to Iain, time and dedication to running it so smoothly deserves huge credit

All the best to you all for Christmas and the New Year......

Andrzej

Reaction score
Very well done, excellent flies from Spectrum Shrimp, Jockiescott and SnapT14 (y) Thanks for Iain for this very interesting theme, glad that so many folks presented their flies, it was really hard to choose just one of them :)

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Well done to everyone who entered you lad's really turned up the gas on this one
with some truly fantastic fly's on show 👏👏👏 thank god I didn't enter
A big Thank's to iainmortimer for keeping the show on the road 😎. Yir a Top man 👍🏻

I'm Really going to miss jockiescott's tyings on the forum he's been one I've really followed since
I joined the forum and started posting my tyings, without knowing it he has really helped my tying, thank's jockiescott 👍🏻 definitely a big loss to the tying section 😕

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Well done to everyone who entered you lad's really turned up the gas on this one
A big Thank's to iainmortimer for keeping the show on the road 😎. Yir a Top man 👍🏻

I'm Really going to miss jockiescott's tyings on the forum he's been one I've really followed since
I joined the forum and started posting my tyings, without knowing it he has really helped my tying, thank's jockiescott 👍🏻 definitely a big loss to the tying section 😕

What have I missed? :oops: JockieScott is leaving?!!! o_O:cry:

Woodsy

Reaction score
hope everything is OK with JS? I was wondering where he was recently and well missed in the tying section

mc andy

Reaction score

Come on Arnold you need to spill the beans sir?