• Ypres

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ryan houston

Reaction score
DSCF3258_edited-1.jpg

calvins from me sorry for pic light at 130 am is rubbish
standard red orange magenta fox and runner the hook one has gold rib on red dconebody one has gold lite brite then a red cone
orange wings and jc with orange and red badger hackles

mows

Reaction score
I don't think there's one I wouldn't use.
Some great tying.
Took me a long time to get it down to 2
And a while later till I got it down to one.

keirstream

Reaction score
Dr. Patrick T disappointed me with this one.
Classic spring flee, Black / Yellow and whit?????????????????
Nae Kingfisher Blue????????
Did you run out of it???????????????????
Marked down substantially for that unforgivable error.:eek:
Must do better.:(
Grassy Knollington, step up to the top tier of the rostrum for the gold medal.(y)

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Dr. Patrick T disappointed me with this one.
Classic spring flee, Black / Yellow and whit?????????????????
Nae Kingfisher Blue????????
Did you run out of it???????????????????
Marked down substantially for that unforgivable error.:eek:
Must do better.:(
Grassy Knollington, step up to the top tier of the rostrum for the gold medal.(y)
Lol, good to know that a man in your dotage 🤣 likes a bit of blue

Feck - I’d fish them all but Gk’s is a stunner.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
...and then there were none. The last theme for 2020, the last poll for a monthly winner but what a fine set of flies to finish with. I thought the voting would again be really close on this one given the usual high standard of entries and photography to show them. As usual though it just shows how little I know as the voters had a very clear opinion of the best fly and again showed how little I know as while my choice was in the top three I didn't pick the winner. Well I'm sure you will all have had your beady eyes on the poll as it was short one and so I will stop blethering on and get to the announcement!

1st place standing well out on its own with 17 votes to gain the 10 points: Spectrum Shrimp. Who invited him to take part anyway. I mean two wins back to back is just plain greedy! :oops: Obviously I jest for they were two very fine flies indeed that really did stand out. Congratulations on a well deserved win.

2nd place with 9 votes, earning 8 points went to DrPatrickT. You may have come across his name a couple of times on the podium too! Arguably one of the most consistent tyers we have in the competition. Well done again Sir.

3rd place and snapping at the heals of DrP with 8 votes, earning 7 points went to SnapT14. A name to keep on my copy and paste list with a back to back placing. A lovely simple fly just perfectly put together.

There we have it, or rather now we nearly have it because my next job is to put together the fly of the year and that could have a significant impact on the overall winner so get your voting finger ready for the last time this year...

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Well done Spectrum Shrimp - a beautiful pair of flies - which if we havent already copied - are getting copied. I’ve only seen two of your flies and wow!! Man you can tie.

Well done everyone else - another one for me to copy is Grassy’s fly, I think it’s awesome 👍

All the best - and thanks again Iain for running a tight ship, regards, Patrick

PerryPoker

Reaction score
Well done again Spectrum Shrimp! Another beautifully tied fly. Worthy winner yet again 👏👏

Big thanks to Iain for running the competition this year. It’s great to take part in this and to put your own tying up against some extremely talented fly tiers and their stunning creations 👏

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
Thanks
...and then there were none. The last theme for 2020, the last poll for a monthly winner but what a fine set of flies to finish with. I thought the voting would again be really close on this one given the usual high standard of entries and photography to show them. As usual though it just shows how little I know as the voters had a very clear opinion of the best fly and again showed how little I know as while my choice was in the top three I didn't pick the winner. Well I'm sure you will all have had your beady eyes on the poll as it was short one and so I will stop blethering on and get to the announcement!

1st place standing well out on its own with 17 votes to gain the 10 points: Spectrum Shrimp. Who invited him to take part anyway. I mean two wins back to back is just plain greedy! :oops: Obviously I jest for they were two very fine flies indeed that really did stand out. Congratulations on a well deserved win.

2nd place with 9 votes, earning 8 points went to DrPatrickT. You may have come across his name a couple of times on the podium too! Arguably one of the most consistent tyers we have in the competition. Well done again Sir.

3rd place and snapping at the heals of DrP with 8 votes, earning 7 points went to SnapT14. A name to keep on my copy and paste list with a back to back placing. A lovely simple fly just perfectly put together.

There we have it, or rather now we nearly have it because my next job is to put together the fly of the year and that could have a significant impact on the overall winner so get your voting finger ready for the last time this year...
Thanks very much Iain another well run comp I have enjoyed entering the past 2 months and seeing so many cracking flies on show well done to everyone hope yous all have a happy and safe Christmas 🌲🎣👍

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
congrats Aodhan by my reckoning the tie of the year will make little difference to PatrickT being crowned champion but will be interesting to see how it pans out and good luck to all who took part and thanks to the organiser for without you there would have been nowt
Cheers Ryan

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
Well done again Spectrum Shrimp! Another beautifully tied fly. Worthy winner yet again 👏👏

Big thanks to Iain for running the competition this year. It’s great to take part in this and to put your own tying up against some extremely talented fly tiers and their stunning creations 👏
Thanks PP 👍🎣

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
Well done Spectrum Shrimp - a beautiful pair of flies - which if we havent already copied - are getting copied. I’ve only seen two of your flies and wow!! Man you can tie.

Well done everyone else - another one for me to copy is Grassy’s fly, I think it’s awesome 👍

All the best - and thanks again Iain for running a tight ship, regards, Patrick
Thanks Dr Patrick really appreciate the comments much appreciated 👍🎣