POLL: Tie of the Month April 2021: I can already hear you groaning!

Which fly is your favourite cascade?

• Fergal 1975

• tcorfey

• westie4566

• Easer

• logan houston

• Mattytree

• iainmortimer

• Stephenb91

• easky

• reedwarbler

• willmorris

• Tailfire

• Ryan Houston

• Timmins

• Flow

• nwsalar

• Salmonewf

• Bens_Flies

• Andrzej

• SnapT14

• JockieScott

• Tony Mac

• Wormo

• GaryD

• SEDGY

• Yooper-Fly

• Prezmek

• DrPatrickT

• Woodsy

• SebasP

• mc andy

• Bad_bastie

• Ypres

• Bogwoppit

• Scierra

• Gavinmcc

• Beel

• Spectrum shrimp

• Zamora

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephenb91

Reaction score
Well i mistakingly voted for my own fly i thought you had to click on one to view the results so clicked on my own, I have asked Ian if he could remove it but he cannot, so if anybody would want to deduct it, or remove my entry i would be happy with that
It’s a two click process to vote. One to click on the username and then another to click cast vote at the bottom of the list but fair enough to ask Iain to remove or deduct 👍

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Well i mistakingly voted for my own fly i thought you had to click on one to view the results so clicked on my own, I have asked Ian if he could remove it but he cannot, so if anybody would want to deduct it, or remove my entry i would be happy with that
If you’d like to comment I can manually add your vote to your fly of choice at the end of the month. Like you, I have come close to doing the same before I got how it worked!

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I voted for reedwarblers orangeade. Dr.p would of got another vote so would logan and spectrum shrimp.
I voted for the orangeade as I was lucky enough to be sent a few free of charge from reedwarbler who is a top bloke and a true gent who has made an honest mistake.
The orangeade did the business for me landing a couple of fish so that's why I voted for it.

Bogwoppit

Reaction score
DrPs was the one id put on my line first.
I liked Logans and Westies.
But Bogwoppit got my vote, just for a nice fly presented differently.
That has me over the moon! Thanks Mows! The photography side of this stuff is definitely my weak point, it’s fair to say I’m sh1te at taking pictures.

I voted for reedwarbler, it just looks fishy.

Walleye

Reaction score
Another month, another cracking competition.
If I arrived at the riverbank and opened my fly box to to find all these entries to choose from, I'm not sure I'd get any fishing done.

I have a thing for scruffy flies. As a result I voted for Mattytree's "spider" (it reminds me of a north country spider pattern) cascade which looks beautifully lightly dressed and "scruffy" out of the water but I can imagine it swimming beautifully with lots of action to tempt even the most difficult of salmon.

Spectrum shrimp

Reaction score
Another brilliant TOTM was really tough to pick my favourite out of such a great selection..... In the end it came down to 3 or 4 flies.....snapt14 a stunning fly great proportions, Ryans spring Cascade a cracker also but it came down to what I'd actually fish first myself and was between Logan Houston's green Conehead Cascade outstanding standard for someone that age well done Logan 👏🏻 and Stephenb91 Calvin Cascade ....... But being a sucker for the Calvin shrimp and my go to fly all year round I went for Stephenb91 in the end ........ well done to all who entered and good luck 🎣👍🏻

SebasP

Reaction score
Voted for Sebasp this month as I like the colour combo and tied one quite like it last year which in low water with fresh fish about a wee fly with Chartreuse and blue seems to get there attention ......or miby there just fresh fish and would attack anything 😂😂😂 but I fish this one with confidence in those conditions View attachment 60653
Hey :) thanks for the appreciation Timmins and I like your color combo too. I hope my TOTM cascade score this summer... ;)