Pocket Flashlight

Sigdir

Reaction score
Hello,
does anyone have a recommondation for a good pocket flashlight. Should be a small but powerfull one. What are you using?
Thanks
TL Matt

Big Ben

Reaction score
Surefire P2X Fury for me.

There are LOADS to choose from these days and the tech is crazy good. Battery and LED technology has transformed handhelds.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I just use a chineese one from ebay that takes 18650 batteries, i do buy sony or samsung batteries for it though as the cheap ones are a bit risky. I use it daily at work and it just refuses to die. I had intentions of upgrading but as of yet ive not found a need.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sigdir

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your input. Both the Olight and the Surfire are still a bit too heavy for my usage but make a good impression...

Sigdir

Reaction score
Have found a suitable Olight model..
S2R Baton II.. Thank for the ideas...
TL Matt

GrantGrace

Reaction score
I'm a winemaker, but I love fishing. It depends on my psychological state, sometimes I want to calm down and go fishing, sometimes I look for adrenaline and go to the winemaker. I have many lanterns in my fishing and hunting collection, but most often I use Vont Rechargeable Illumination.

GrantGrace

Reaction score
I have a mistake in last my post , i am a hunter , i am sorry :D I'm a hunter, but I love fishing. It depends on my psychological state, sometimes I want to calm down and go fishing, sometimes I look for adrenaline and go to the winemaker. I have many lanterns in my fishing and hunting collection, but most often I use Vont Rechargeable Illumination. It is so called, it is a small but very powerful flashlight, it catches the distance in a kilometer, and it can be used both on vintners and on fishing. I can confidently recommend this flashlight, and it has the advantage that it is charged by sunlight, and works perfectly at night. I forgot the store where I bought it, but I think it's so easy to find a flashlight.

Nigel Rush

Reaction score
I just use a chineese one from ebay that takes 18650 batteries, i do buy sony or samsung batteries for it though as the cheap ones are a bit risky. I use it daily at work and it just refuses to die. I had intentions of upgrading but as of yet ive not found a need.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That's a hell of a lot of batteries?

Rrrr

Reaction score
That's a hell of a lot of batteries?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

lowforcefly

Reaction score
Ultra small, but very powerful for size 'Nightcore T2s, 75mm long, 12mm dia, takes one AAA battery which last for a very long time.
I carry on in my chest pack, brilliant little light.
Bit bigger, but very bright: Led lenser T5, 200mm long, 16mm dia, takes one AA, 140 lumen, comes with a strong nylon belt holster & lanyard.
It will do anything you could expect of a 'Small torch?' Had about 4 of them, as they keep getting nicked at work ???
One thing I would suggest, if you have an old 'Mini Maglight', 2 AA, and if you can live with the weight...they are Ally ? Get a 'Philips' Cree conversion off e-bay, about £12, 3w, and transform what was in reality a very poor light into something awesome...150+m beam no problem, and are much more battery friendly ! Also they are truly waterproof...have had to fish mine out of several water / oil tanks, in the past, with no ill effects.
I have several maglites from 3D, 2d, to mini's, all original bright lights, none of which were very powerful Lumen wise. I have converted the lot of them...really well made torches given a new life for between £10 - £15. Don't do the AAA one...it's better, but you would still pee on your boots the beam is so poor ?
Batteries: I have been using 'Genuine Eneloops' for years, was sanyo, but now bought out by panasonic. I have originals, and the newer 'pro's, use them in all my torches / headlamps... oldest must be easily over 10 years old, never had one fail / deteriorate....they will keep 80% of charge for up to a year in storage ...and do ! Ideal for something in your pack for emergency use..... They are full power, and I can get
5hr's out of a HR14, 4-5 hours on a H7R at full power. They also fade, and not switch off like Li, which I found out half way up a cliff face on Filey brigg ???:eek:

DonnieH

Reaction score
I use a Ledlenser TT Police Tactical Torch. Incredible torch considering its size.

Rrrr

Reaction score
If im out at night fishing, my go to is the little energizer head torches. More than bright enough and the AAA batteries last ages.
The main thing i like about them is that they have a red led that comes on at the first press of the button so you dont knacker your night vision with white light when changing flies.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

ThomsonMary

Reaction score
You can already buy a good flashlight everywhere. The difference is only in the battery or the batteries. I always take it from Panasonic. They never betrayed me. One day I got lost in the forest. The fee was about five percent. He worked one hundred percent. Even the brightness of the light did not change. So I decided to order a lantern for the house https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Hurricane-Emergency-Collapsible-Batteries/dp/B00NPLSZF8. And I also recommend the company "Spark" Pretty suitable lamp with LEDs. Especially for hiking and hunting.