Plans for Next Year

Rennie

Reaction score
Well, started on the plans for next year, which now I'm in retirement should be a bit fuller than of late.My Angling Clubs will have their subscriptions re-newed, I've already paid my deposit for the Retreat from Moscow 2, thats the Dee in early March. Living in the largely Salmon devoid waters of Yorkshire I've little choice other than a long drive.Past two years I've stalled on the Eden for spring fishing because of Covid, but for this next season I'm going to at least take a day ticket or two at Carlisle at the very least and am considering membership of CAA, but its a long drive for a days fishing!.
See what crops up from now on.Suppose it'll boil down to there being fish to angle for!
Good luck all, Pedro.

sewinfly

Reaction score
Really do need to make an effort with the River Ogmore which is close to me for Sewin.Having been a member for some time now and use to fish it constantly.
But I felt shift work has caught up with me now and has played a big part in me not going on the many night trips I use to do.

The River Usk is my main salmon river and having a rod on there now for the last 5 seasons has been great.
Not all the time successful on every trip but have managed to land a few and lose a few to.

But with NRW possibly bringing in new proposals who knows where we will be this year,especially on prawn,shrimp.

Not been to the Whiteadder for a few seasons in March so hopefully that will come off.

Sewinfly. .............

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Mid Spey beat , and self catering cottage , booked for early June.
But that’s it , apart from intending to renew my Lamington season for the first time in 4 years.
Lucky man. That’s the place to be and at the right time too.
Id need an hour to write down what I’ve got planned for next year.
My club tickets will be renewed and I will be all over Scotland from February on

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Well, started on the plans for next year, which now I'm in retirement should be a bit fuller than of late.My Angling Clubs will have their subscriptions re-newed, I've already paid my deposit for the Retreat from Moscow 2, thats the Dee in early March. Living in the largely Salmon devoid waters of Yorkshire I've little choice other than a long drive.Past two years I've stalled on the Eden for spring fishing because of Covid, but for this next season I'm going to at least take a day ticket or two at Carlisle at the very least and am considering membership of CAA, but its a long drive for a days fishing!.
See what crops up from now on.Suppose it'll boil down to there being fish to angle for!
Good luck all, Pedro.
How about trying the odd day on the Ure?

Rrrr

Reaction score
Hopefully Same as this year for the moment for me but with more fish. Alot of club politics in my club at the moment so will have to see how that plays out. If not then a new club and new water to try.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

chriswjx

Reaction score
Booked what hopefully might become an annual trip to Meikleour for mid-April. All things willing, my parents will be able to travel from Asia for it and will be the first time in over 2 years I've seen them.

Will be renewing my membership with PDAA, and hopefully without a lockdown, will be able to get some proper spring fishing on the Tay. Then might look at taking up a few days on the Upper Tweed after the Tay finishes up... Tricky to balance when I'm fairly limited to fishing only Saturdays...

scoops

Reaction score
Not planning much next season, a 3 day trip to Forres association water not sure when yet
Some day tickets when conditions good early spring on North Esk
Renew the club I joined last year which has cracking fly water Hopefully home when decent water from April onwards 🎣🌧

Birkin

Reaction score
Will be rejoining my local club as I'm treasurer and also rejoining CADAC for next season.
Dont have any UK trips booked for next year yet but may pick up bookings from pre pandemic.
Hopefully if nothing unforseen happens I will be going to Norway in June for a week on the Orkla that was booked and payed for 2020 and a new trip in July with a week in Greenland fishing for Arctic Char. This will be a new species for me and looking forward to the trip.

phil.b

Reaction score
I try to do at least 7 days every month in the spring ,Tay,Dee,Spey,Tweed and I am going to try and fish the North and South Esk a little more next season.The Tay let me down this season and I never got onto the Dee or Tweed early spring which I love,But the Spey was really good to me.So fingers crossed🤞 lets hope there will be more salmon in the rivers for us all next season . 🥃:cool:🎣

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I try to do at least 7 days every month in the spring ,Tay,Dee,Spey,Tweed and I am going to try and fish the North and South Esk a little more next season.The Tay let me down this season and I never got onto the Dee or Tweed early spring which I love,But the Spey was really good to me.So fingers crossed🤞 lets hope there will be more salmon in the rivers for us all next season . 🥃:cool:🎣
Maybe bump into you on the esks next year Phil.
Or the Tay or Spey for that matter

Last edited:

carma2

Reaction score
will be back in England after Easter , keeping my rod on a lower river beat of the Lune and hoping to be getting in
Lancaster anglers .
Going to plan a week in Grantown on Spey , not been for years but am 70 next March so treating myself.
Probably go late June early July , will be showing the Spey to a couple of pals from Lancaster and Liverpool and
having a few bevvies , maybe a lot of bevvies :D

Jimmcl

Reaction score
Renew the syndicate rod on the Wye, 2 weeks on Spey in May, son's wedding in 1st week of June, then back to the Spey for a week later that month. Week on Kharlovka July, Tweed in September or October. Retirement gives time as Rennie says!

kenb61

Reaction score
Let myself down this season by not going further afield so next season must make more of an effort. Being in ADAA should really look at waters we can access through other associations but biggest issue is me being lazy and also not really knowing much about other areas to look at which considering where I live is daft. Plans for next year is to be less lazy and look for other places within easy reach. Open to suggestions from those in the know.

Meldon9

Reaction score
Renew my small syndicate rod, get some rapalas and flyings c's and pray for rain!

Over winter sort flies into small batches and sell them together with some fly reels.

Heero

Reaction score
I am hoping to do my first salmon fishing in what will have been 7 years in Asturias. Dont have high hopes of catching, and the trip is mainly a hiking/trekking (and eating) trip, but I will be there, so 🤷‍♂️.

Also thinking about spending a week or so fishing in Montenegro following. Love the Balkans, havent been to Montenegro yet, might as well tack on a few extra days.

Other than that, local trout fishing. Its the best, why would I go elsewhere!?

Sunset_angler

Reaction score
Couple of club water renewals will do for me.
I will book any other fishing at the last minute when conditions are favourable although usually by the time that happens many of the good stuff has long gone.