Plans for 2021

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
With the announcements about the success of the various Covid vaccines, I am feeling quite optimistic about life returning to (fairly) normal in 2021.

I have now booked quite a few events from June 2021 onwards (theatre, concert, sports events) and am planning to book a large cottage for my walking group Scotland trip which had to be cancelled last year.

No flights booked yet but it would be great to do this again in 2021.

Might be jumping the gun a bit but feels good to start puting things in the diary again.

Anybody else making plans for 2021 yet ?

riffled hitch

Reaction score
Personally I'm hanging back a little on any plans, vaccine or no vaccine, this christmas relaxation and the logistics involved in distribution of the vaccine I fear 2021 will still be a odd year with covid-19 still having a little bite left.

Spring fishing involving any travel I have binned. Summer, well wait and see, autumn, well there is no autumn run anymore. September onwards is kipper bashing

I will treat 2021 with a little caution and be thankful that I have a few places within a couple of hours drive that I can fish.

Loxie

Reaction score
I've booked a pretty full program of Scottish fishing. Some of it, both May trips and one of my June weeks have rolled over from cancelled weeks last year and I assume if COVID rears it's ugly head again they will get rolled over to next year. I've only booked one July trip and I don't usually book fishing in Scotland after that, although I'll keep an eye on things. At home I have plenty of fishing literally on my doorstep or my furthest beat is a leisurely 30 minute drive. I am going to renew my club membership: I hardly ever go but I think it's important to support it.

My instinct is that February and March will be locals only and Scotland will open up properly in April. I'm happy to fish locally from February to May and again from August to December but I'd be gutted to miss May and June in Scotland for a second year.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im hanging back on booking anything untillni see how things play out.
Im optomistic that things will start to get back to normal but canceld enough this year to be cautious.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Im hanging back on booking anything untillni see how things play out.
Im optomistic that things will start to get back to normal but canceld enough this year to be cautious.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Half of me feels like that, the other half wants to be optimistic, press on and get nice things booked in (thats the half I have gone with !).

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Bank strimming and maybe maybe the chance of a Unicorn Wye Springer

Home to Ross shire in April for Easter &
sneaky fishing.

Rolled over our week in Sutherland for June.

Tyne arranged for July & Aug.

Trout fishing as usual and I’ve just got into another good club, this time for the Salmon too, so I’m sorted (and smug).

Safranfoer

Reaction score
I've got two UK holidays booked and an absolute load of theatre and gig rollovers from 2020. Hesitant to book overseas trips in case they're vaccine-dependant and it hasn't worked its way to low risk groups in time - but I'm happier holidaying in the UK as it's getting harder to entertain my boy overseas. Awkward age. Here we walk and crab and fish and he's happy. I'm feeling optimistic that we'll have a better, bigger life next year, but not planning for 'normal'.

Elibank

Reaction score
Personally I'm hanging back a little on any plans, vaccine or no vaccine, this christmas relaxation and the logistics involved in distribution of the vaccine I fear 2021 will still be a odd year with covid-19 still having a little bite left.

Spring fishing involving any travel I have binned. Summer, well wait and see, autumn, well there is no autumn run anymore. September onwards is kipper bashing

I will treat 2021 with a little caution and be thankful that I have a few places within a couple of hours drive that I can fish.
Our October Tweed week and accommodation is booked already, kipper bashing seems to be your recurring theme........🤣

Rennie

Reaction score
The brakes are on everything apart from club fishings.Firmly and very comfortably sat on the fence currently, as my crystal ball is cloudy at the best of times.
Could do with Spring fishing closer to home, so could at least get out a bit earlier than I have been doing over the past few years!.
Pedro.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Would love to get to theatre or some decent gigs. Saw Robert Plant in a tiny Venue just before lockdow.
other than that can play things by ear but would love my annual June or July sea trout trip somewhere and perhaps weekend trips to the lune in the caravan.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Would love to get to theatre or some decent gigs. Saw Robert Plant in a tiny Venue just before lockdow.
other than that can play things by ear but would love my annual June or July sea trout trip somewhere and perhaps weekend trips to the lune in the caravan.
Would love to see Robert Plant. How does he sound these days? We have Pearl Jam, Idles and All Them Witches next year. Maybe. Perhaps. Fingers crossed.

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Well my No1 big plan is take my camper N Norway , Finmark, and fish my way south, with river pit stops I know well.
Not booking nada though will book on the day, should it be open.
My first stop is Kola river,( leave van parked at Finnish mates on the border, then bus from N Finland to Murmansk . Im provisionally booked mid June on Kola zone 3 , but not paying anything till near time. ( Anyone interested in joining this week June 19, send me pm, you would be collected at Murmansk Airport. And 1 bit advice anyone thinkng booking Kola please pm me first as their are couple Dodgy operators on this river ,that are no more than cheets. )I missed it this year and sods law it was on fire. My Russian assosiate had 52 to his rod with 2 over 30. AAAAgh let me at them.
So fingers crossed

Andrew B

Reaction score
Would love to see Robert Plant. How does he sound these days? We have Pearl Jam, Idles and All Them Witches next year. Maybe. Perhaps. Fingers crossed.
Unbelievably good. Didn’t play a single Zep song but I expect that, and it’s clear he’s not doing it for the money either.
As a lover of good music in general I’ve got a cool dad, who despite his Alzheimer’s he still plays Pearl Jam and his Radiohead collection.
one of the best gigs I saw just before Plant was Nick Lowe, the guy who produced all those early Elvis Costello albums on stiff records.
Love the Idles, they’ve carved out a really individual sound imo.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Well my No1 big plan is take my camper N Norway , Finmark, and fish my way south, with river pit stops I know well.
My first stop is Kola river,( leave van parked at Finnish mates on the border, then bus from N Finland to Murmansk . Im provisionally booked mid June on Kola zone 3 , but not paying anything till near time. ( Anyone interested in joining this week June 19, send me pm, you would be collected at Murmansk Airport. And 1 bit advice anyone thinkng booking Kola please pm me first as their are couple Dodgy operators on this river ,that are no more than cheets. )I missed it this year and sods law it was on fire. My Russian assosiate had 52 to his rod with 2 over 30. AAAAgh let me at them.
So fingers crossed
Man that’s sounds so cool, dare I say badass.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Apart from fishing the Avon as much as possible, no other plans, just going to see what happens with the Xmas, mass spreading event, hopefully it will not result in further lockdowns, the vaccine offers hope of eventual normality or something near, time will tell.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I am not planning anything for next season yet other than staying in a couple of clubs I have been in for a number of years. Won't be in a rush to buy a syndicate rod on the Tweed until the Covid picture is a bit clearer. Lost all but 3 of my Tweed Syndicate days last season due to the lockdown!
Going to give up one of clubs locally that has fishing in the Peak District and will buy day tickets if I fancy some trout fishing. Booked Lewis again for sea fishing and trout fishing for September for me and a couple of mates.

Loxie

Reaction score
So fingers crossed
Oh to be young again! What a fantastic sounding trip!

scotsmac1

Reaction score
Young no
Divorsed and single though, and living in the van can cut costs in big ways.
And Norway has some good affordable fishing when you do your homework ,