Pizza

Tyke

Reaction score
Pizza has to have anchovies and black olives on for me..:):thumb:

Agreed, + some green olives - & a few sliced chillies [But I'm only 2 remaining taste buds from adding those to cornflakes; so possibly not the absolute voice of reason on those].

Regards, Tyke.

PS the pheasant Vindaloo I made yesterday was very good; anyone tried pheasant on a pizza yet? T.

bankwheel

Reaction score
Jamies Pizza dough recipe, so simple and works brilliant, pizza stone in the oven or on the kettle BBQ. homemade sauce and then the topping of your choice, this one was pepperoni and mozzarella but its an individual thing. I do like BBQ chicken and lots of peppers but never any fruit, oh no never fruit!

What's your fav toppings then?

Chicharito

Reaction score
Jamies Pizza dough recipe, so simple and works brilliant, pizza stone in the oven or on the kettle BBQ. homemade sauce and then the topping of your choice, this one was pepperoni and mozzarella but its an individual thing. I do like BBQ chicken and lots of peppers but never any fruit, oh no never fruit!

What's your fav toppings then?

I was quite impressed until you mentioned the pizza dough. Pizza dough is so easy to make !
Strong white bread flour, easy bake yeast, olive oil, salt , water.
Easy peasy !
Give it a go.

250g Strong White flour
3g fast-action yeast
1 tsp flaked sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
160 ml warm water. ( If a bit dry use a smidge more water)

Add flour into large bowl and stir in the yeast and sea salt.
Mix olive oil with water and stir into the flour.
Mix with a large wooden spoon until dough comes together and forms a soft , spongy ball.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 mins until smooth.
Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film and leave for an hour until it has doubled in size.
I generally leave mine for a couple of hours at least.
(If you put the bowl on top of a hot water bottle this speeds things up a bit)
When doubled in size knock it back with your knuckles and then tip it out onto your baking tray and
flatten it and stretch it with the palms of your hands until it is the size and thickness you require.
Then just follow your normal recipe/method.
(Adapted from Hairy Bikers Stromboli pizza recipe)
I have been using this recipe for a few years now and it works well.
We have had good results baking it on a 'Lakeland pizza crisper

Lakeland Pizza Crisper | Lakeland

Enjoy !

fly guy

Reaction score
Try one of these "bad boys".........good start to the day:evil:

breakfast pizza.jpg

bankwheel

Reaction score
I was quite impressed until you mentioned the pizza dough. Pizza dough is so easy to make !
Strong white bread flour, easy bake yeast, olive oil, salt , water.
Easy peasy !
Give it a go.

250g Strong White flour
3g fast-action yeast
1 tsp flaked sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
160 ml warm water. ( If a bit dry use a smidge more water)

Add flour into large bowl and stir in the yeast and sea salt.
Mix olive oil with water and stir into the flour.
Mix with a large wooden spoon until dough comes together and forms a soft , spongy ball.
Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 mins until smooth.
Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film and leave for an hour until it has doubled in size.
I generally leave mine for a couple of hours at least.
(If you put the bowl on top of a hot water bottle this speeds things up a bit)
When doubled in size knock it back with your knuckles and then tip it out onto your baking tray and
flatten it and stretch it with the palms of your hands until it is the size and thickness you require.
Then just follow your normal recipe/method.
(Adapted from Hairy Bikers Stromboli pizza recipe)
I have been using this recipe for a few years now and it works well.
We have had good results baking it on a 'Lakeland pizza crisper

Lakeland Pizza Crisper | Lakeland

Enjoy !

I did make it! the same way as you describe, it was a Jamie recipe not pre-made

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Looks tasty bankwheel :thumb: my wee woman is Italian.. but cook's terribly, so I get plenty of homemade pizza and lots of other tasty treats mostly cooked by her family and 94yr old grandmother.. some of her recipes are fantastic

bankwheel

Reaction score
Looks tasty bankwheel :thumb: my wee woman is Italian.. but cook's terribly, so I get plenty of homemade pizza and lots of other tasty treats mostly cooked by her family and 94yr old grandmother.. some of her recipes are fantastic

Care to share?

minitube

Reaction score
Caputo flour is not necessary unless you are using a very high temperature wood fired oven. Otherwise, for normal home kitchen ovens, high gluten bread flour is perfectly fine, as is also the addition of sugar or honey to a dough mix which would burn in the higher temperature of a wood fired oven.

Personally for me pepperoni, or pepperoni and susage top the list.

bankwheel

Reaction score
Caputo flour is not necessary unless you are using a very high temperature wood fired oven. Otherwise, for normal home kitchen ovens, high gluten bread flour is perfectly fine, as is also the addition of sugar or honey to a dough mix which would burn in the higher temperature of a wood fired oven.

Personally for me pepperoni, or pepperoni and susage top the list.

Pepperoni with Perroni to wash it down, Yum!!!