Pitchroy 2019

John Keane

Reaction score
Counting down to Sunday when we go up for a week.

Not too disheartened by the weather as last year the river was +3” all week and I had three, all of them in bright sunshine.

As well as the fishing, looking forward to Pie & Chips in the Craig Bar in Grantown, a huge bowl of Cullen Skink in the Aberlour Hotel and plenty of Guinness!

zebraness

Reaction score
Counting down to Sunday when we go up for a week.

Not too disheartened by the weather as last year the river was +3” all week and I had three, all of them in bright sunshine.

As well as the fishing, looking forward to Pie & Chips in the Craig Bar in Grantown, a huge bowl of Cullen Skink in the Aberlour Hotel and plenty of Guinness!

Not forgetting the rather marvellous glenfarclas collection across the street in the mash tun ?
z

John Keane

Reaction score
Not forgetting the rather marvellous glenfarclas collection across the street in the mash tun ?
z

The owner of the B&B we stay in is always glad of our custom (4 of us for 7 nights) and he leaves a bottle of malt on the landing and four Glencairn glasses. Two years ago it had gone by Thursday so now we bring our own bottles to supplement it. I’m either taking Talisker Skye or Tamnavulin, be a mixed bag as to what the others take but it’s got to be single malt.

zebraness

Reaction score
The owner of the B&B we stay in is always glad of our custom (4 of us for 7 nights) and he leaves a bottle of malt on the landing and four Glencairn glasses. Two years ago it had gone by Thursday so now we bring our own bottles to supplement it. I’m either taking Talisker Skye or Tamnavulin, be a mixed bag as to what the others take but it’s got to be single malt.

Now that’s what you call heilan’ hospitality!
Talisker will be a good follow up, bunnahabhain my current dram of choice
tight lines for your week
z

christian roulleau

Reaction score
Hello,
Graig and Mash tun two beautiful addresses, by cons I would like
B% B for single malt. Me staying 1 month each
year I do not even have a bottle of Coke!

John Keane

Reaction score
Now that’s what you call heilan’ hospitality!
Talisker will be a good follow up, bunnahabhain my current dram of choice
tight lines for your week
z

Bunnahabhain is a nice drop. Balvenie also one of my favourites.

John Keane

Reaction score
As Jimmy Young used to say “Orff we jolly well go” next stop John Norris, Penrith. :thumb:

John Keane

Reaction score
It’s pi$$ing down in Ballindalloch so prospects are looking good for tomorrow.

John Keane

Reaction score
Day One, 10:00am 11lb hen fish.

Gaelforce Equaliser 54ft head(new) Rio 6ft Slow Sink tip, Size 8 Willie Gunn.

What a start!

Attachments

• 8CA63721-36F1-43CC-BE50-1F4751BE05E8.jpeg
    8CA63721-36F1-43CC-BE50-1F4751BE05E8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 329

John Keane

Reaction score
Hosed it down last night so it’s running at 4ft+ so prospecting off the bank only today. No fish for anyone.

Attachments

• BE9329E6-5241-469D-810C-82D557388672.jpeg
    BE9329E6-5241-469D-810C-82D557388672.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 411
Last edited:

zebraness

Reaction score
PHP:
Hosed it down last night so it’s running at 4ft+ so prospecting off the bank only today. No fish for anyone.

Nae luck but look on the bright side - you are off the mark, the drams are close by and it will probs run off Enjoy. Z

John Keane

Reaction score
Wednesday morning, river running at 3’3” fishing from the bank in the pool below the hut. Rio Skagit line, 9ips 15ft Rio tip, size 6 Posh Tosh. Rain pi$$ing down.

31” 11lb bright silver hen fish

Attachments

• AC1FA129-A778-46C8-94A0-E8B956A0FA60.jpeg
    AC1FA129-A778-46C8-94A0-E8B956A0FA60.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 352
Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
All done and dusted and once again the worst caster in the party catches the most salmon!:lol:

Water had come down to 2’9” on Friday and looked great, but still too peaty for my liking and none of us touched a fish.

Yesterday at 2’3” it was still pushing through a bit too hard to make fishing my favourite pool, Black’s Boat, above the bridge, a pleasant experience.

I had one, that took on the dangle, on for around 5 minutes in The Battery but a furious surface thrash saw it part company with my Cascade.

One of the lads had a 10lb fish from Red Bank and that was it for the week.

Been a great week and we managed to get through 5 bottles of malt during the evening “nightcap” sessions.

keirstream

Reaction score
Been a great week and we managed to get through 5 bottles of malt during the evening “nightcap” sessions.

Amateurs.:):)
You should invite phil.b next year, he would drink that on his own.:lol:
Well done on the fish, it's been a hard spring.:thumb::thumb: