Peel beat

STEVIE1971

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I put a post up a while back asking what had happened to the Peel beat and the replys I got back said it had been took over by an angling club from Edinburgh

Has anyone got the contact details for this club?

The reason I'm asking is this was a cracking beat to fish and I'd like to fish it again

I've tried the Nest beat opposite but I'm unimpressed with the set up there ( you start on 1 pool and only drop down 1 pool in the afternoon???? So if you start at the top and your only there for 1 day you never get a shot on the lower beat which is the best by far!!)

Not good for £ 100 quid is it!!

Anyway thanks for any info

Stevie

Tyke

Reaction score
Oh I don't know, the Rampy is pretty good at the top of Nest.

Tyke.

Stoater

Reaction score
Peel

I too used to love the Peel beat, it used to be let by James Leeming. I had some great days there from early September onwards. I recall one day when the river steadily rose from 2' to 4'6", I landed my 5th and final fish at dusk, well over the marker! At least 10-15 years ago mind. And I'm not sure all reported fish found their way into the records, as I had a good few fine days, so did others.
I was gutted when the fishings were transferred (I hope not sold!) to the Edinburgh AA. This is an angling club for lawyers and solicitors only, apparently the oldest club in Scotland (well they said that at the time!).
So, bottom line is that you will be lucky to fish there now, unless you have legal connections!

Oscar

Reaction score
I like fishing the boat pool, which is 1 down from Rampy.

I fished the Ashiestiel beat in November 2014 and in a very difficult week (2 fish between 4 of us for 6 days fishing) I caught my only fish, a very strong 14lb'er in the lead into the Boat Pool, which isn't fishable from the Peel side. Doesn't really look 14lb, but it's one of those massive Gye nets!

Put up a great fight, although I'm happy nobody was watching me net it, as it was a total farce! I blame the very strong current!!

Oscar.