Patagonia (the company) supports anti's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

westie4566

Reaction score
Can you point out where I’m anti-shooting please pre-lecture ?
Here!

I‘m afraid driven grouse it’s a sick inheritance from the past IMO. Only employment benefits come anyway near justification. Mind I’m a Macdonald. IE driven off the land and replaced by sheep and deer after the rebellion. It still hurts.

One of my best fishing mates is also a MacDonald. He also harks back to ancient history and says it hurts...yet has moved forward knowing that it is history. He's a proven champion of fieldsports too.

Maggy

Reaction score
Here!

I‘m afraid driven grouse it’s a sick inheritance from the past IMO. Only employment benefits come anyway near justification. Mind I’m a Macdonald. IE driven off the land and replaced by sheep and deer after the rebellion. It still hurts.
Ah, but you’ve missed my approval for walked up shooting.

I don’t call monopolising huge tracts of land for an elitist sport fair game. Plus the poisoning of raptors and walker’s dogs in order to keep up grouse numbers.

Last edited:

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Would you also like to see salmon angling confined to history?
Angling is one of the biggest participation sports in the country its safest to fight for our sport alone don't get tide in with the shooting fraternity it's on borrowed time.

westie4566

Reaction score
Ah, but you’ve missed my approval for walked up shooting.

I don’t call monopolising huge tracts of land for an elitist sport fair game.
Simply, and with all due respect, demonize one, demonize all.

We all need to stick together these days.

One could say that monopolising huge numbers of miles of certain rivers in the UK for only those that can afford it elitist too.

Maggy

Reaction score
Simply, and with all due respect, demonize one, demonize all.

We all need to stick together these days.

One could say that monopolising huge numbers of miles of certain rivers in the UK for only those that can afford it elitist too.
You could yes but they get poached by locals at night with trout gear or worse near me on Conon. Fortunately some best owners grant access to ordinary mortals.

westie4566

Reaction score
Angling is one of the biggest participation sports in the country its safest to fight for our sport alone don't get tide in with the shooting fraternity it's on borrowed time.
So where on your moral compass does it make you a better person than someone who shoots something dead? Apart form what we as anglers (mainly) do these days and play with a creature for sport?

Guns, just the same as rods, are in the majority the champions of the environment these days.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Just borrow it like everything else, who gives a flying f***. Then issue licences to pay it back then everyone can fish anywhere
20m times 1mile is about 7 acres. Double bank, 14 acres. Conservatively, £10k per acre=£140k per mile.
How many miles of watercourse is going to be bought.
The river wye is about 130 miles long. Thats £18M for one river. Then theres the cost of buying the riparian owners out.

Wow.

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
So where on your moral compass does it make you a better person than someone who shoots something dead? Apart form what we as anglers (mainly) do these days and play with a creature for sport?

Guns, just the same as rods, are in the majority the champions of the environment these day

In that case, I think you're on the wrong forum (y)

(Oh, and the word you were actually looking for was 'courses')
Why am I on the wrong forum. Thanks for the spell checker.

westie4566

Reaction score
You could yes but they get poached by locals at night with trout gear or worse near me on Conon. Fortunately some best owners grant access to ordinary mortals.
Christ, you don't half get around the UK in where you live 'near'.

Before you get 'arsy', I suggest everyone else reads all your posts on here...don't 'quite 'add up to where you actually live.

One could be persuaded to think you're not all what you make yourself out to be?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
20m times 1mile is about 7 acres. Double bank, 14 acres. Conservatively, £10k per acre=£140k per mile.
How many miles of watercourse is going to be bought.
The river wye is about 130 miles long. Thats £18M for one river. Then theres the cost of buying the riparian owners out.

Wow.
1k per acre max take the money we're taking the land regardless. All land was at some point in history stolen from the people.

salarchaser

Reaction score
1k per acre max take the money we're taking the land regardless. All land was at some point in history stolen from the people.
Round my neck of the woods land is 15 to 20 k an acre.
If you want it for 1k you can $uck off.
HS2 have been paying a premium for compulsory purchase, so greater than actual land prices.
Why would this be any different?
Will you be knocking down any properties closer than 20m from a water course?
Laughable.

westie4566

Reaction score
Why am I on the wrong forum. Thanks for the spell ch

I think you need to get a life pal.
I think you need to be honest pal! (y)

You seem to 'be' in Wales, 'in' the Southwest, now living next to the Conon. Various other locations in between.

Doesn't say much for your veracity imho. All documented in your own submissions on SFF. Out there for all to read.

I've no issue in being honest in where I live, it's clearly stated on my profile, always has been, always will be.. As have the other genuine respondents on this thread recently.

On a general note. I've never understood why anyone joining this forum would be scared of adding where in the UK/World they are...unless they 're up to mischief. This can help genuine folk like myself and the majority of others on here, in answering any query a member has.

Last edited:

Elibank

Reaction score
Well quit this one also cry baby
BCE1B80B-163E-4B38-86D6-B3105389D085.png

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
Thankfully westie we have BASC and GWCT and other groups fighting these groups with hidden agendas, for those fisherpeople that are not prepared to back the other country sports that go on in this country, be aware they will be coming for your sport next.

Packam/Avery and Tingey have just been put in their place by Judge Jarman QC and rightly so, see link below

https://basc.org.uk/wild-justice-fo...ZPh9SbWkh7qwVLHK7-zKW0knAvKGo6IgZI9_pH8s6fQws

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
Thankfully westie we have BASC and GWCT and other groups fighting these groups with hidden agendas, for those fisherpeople that are not prepared to back the other country sports that go on in this country, be aware they will be coming for your sport next.

Packam/Avery and Tingey have just been put in their place by Judge Jarman QC and rightly so, see link below

https://basc.org.uk/wild-justice-fo...ZPh9SbWkh7qwVLHK7-zKW0knAvKGo6IgZI9_pH8s6fQws
Yeah we should all back the traditional country sports, like digging out foxes and badgers. That ten grand will be donated in ten minutes.

westie4566

Reaction score
2 words - 2nd one is off, now don’t bother me you little gossip. Now go away and gossip all you like.
Wow, what a wonderfully erudite response!😂😂 Say's all about you and nowt about me(y)

Who's gossiping, pray tell?

Yer wrong with the 'little' bit too...I'm 6' 4" 😂

I don't see anyone gossiping on this thread, just genuine country folk of all ilks defending their pursuits and way of life, be that fishing or shooting...that and a few prima donnas who seem strangely removed from fishing, yet attacking genuine fishers/shooters, .and all of that on salmon fishing forum? I doubt that computes to any genuine fisher/shooter on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.