Patagonia/Denner Boots

Boyd602

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments on these - good/bad? They are expensive but Patagonia’s marketing states they are “the last boots you will ever buy”! My Simms Guide boots are now kaput so looking for a replacement. The vibram sole model in particular....

Pati

Reaction score
If u go on the US forum there is a fantastic detailed user review after 2 years of use. Very worth reading, here you go:

Barentssalmon

Reaction score
I have had those with rubber soles and alu bars for 2 years. Very happy about them, but they are heavy and as said they deserve some maintenance of the leather. Extremely comfortable wearing, and easy on and off.

bankwheel

Reaction score
I’m on my third season with these boots, I have the River Salt ones. They are not as stiff and are much lighter. I chose the vibram sole with studs. They have been used exclusively for over two years and are showing no signs of wear at all. They are far more comfortable than any Simms boots I’ve had, they feel more like a good pair of fabric hill walking boots. There are a few standout design factors for me. The sole has a bigger area than my equivalent Simms so it feels more secure on the rocks. The boots come up higher as well so support the ankle but as they are fabric are not too stiff or tight. The one pull lace system is brilliant as well so quick tightening is easy. I am a big fan and yes they are expensive but if the last for a long time then I think it’s worth the spend.

Pati

Reaction score
Bankwheel, what are the difference between the foot tractor and the riversalt?

Henke

Reaction score
The latest price-reduction I think will be good for the sale of Patagonia Danner Boots. I am not sure they had wide succes selling the boot due to the high price. But with a reduction (I do not know if it is world wide - but at least in DK !) 100-115 GBP helps a bit...... :)
I fancy the boots but my Simms keep on going...but when time comes I would go for Patagonia (felt).

bankwheel

Reaction score
Bankwheel, what are the difference between the foot tractor and the riversalt?
River salt have more fabric than leather, they have leather at the key areas like toe box and heel but are much lighter, more flexible and dry quicker