park shrimp video

pot belly kev

Reaction score
hi sorry took so long,finaly got it done,heres my tying of the great park shrimp.this is a fly i like tying and fishing,i think ive tied it to near the origonal as possable,i havent brought myself to doing any variants of it as i like it the way it is.great fly.just hope i done it justice with the tying.hope its ok,sorry the vids in 2 parts.i didnt wana rush the wing and hackles,wanted to do it slowly and try without any mistakes,really really hope u like it.many thanks for takin the time to watch,hope the link i put on the end of the first video works,its supose to take u to the second part.let me know.enjoy.

park shrimp part 1 - YouTube

park shrimp part 2 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

DJA

Reaction score
Park shrimp sbs

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to do this.:cool:

roeboy

Reaction score
Nope it not fished on the surface, fish it deep in the spring and im sure it will do good, one of the best spring flies about but hasnt produced for me yet:(

Springer

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time Kev, a truely informative contribution to the forum :cool:

A fine looking tie but so far Ive only ever seen Ross tie them in a way which makes them look like they've already landed a couple of fish, the original Shabby Chic ;)

Mo

Reaction score
A fine looking tie but so far Ive only ever seen Ross tie them in a way which makes them look like they've already landed a couple of fish, the original Shabby Chic ;)

Very Good SBS Kev, the video sbs's are a great resource for all those that are new to fly tying.

I agree with Springer, I have seen some of Ross's Park shrimps, and they have that shabby chic look, that I have not seen from anybody else, who has tied them. Whether this makes a difference, I don't know :rolleyes:.

Neil

pot belly kev

Reaction score
thanks very much evryone,all posts are appreciated,i wasnt sure at first about doing the videos,but now i am really enjoying doing them,big thanks to the staff on the site for giving the chance for us to do this.cheers lads.alan i know wat u mean about ross and the way his ps looks,aye he is truely the master.well done ross i love that fly and even more love tying it.im trying to find my own style,ok i pick up hints and tips from others,im trying to settle into a style that feels good for me,the trouble is im getting maybe a bit too fussy with things,i can sit for long anuff doing just one fly.i like to try and get everything nice and neat and tidy on my flys.ok they get ruffed up in the water anyway.i cant help it lol.many many thanks again eveyone,ur comments mean a lot.appreciate it.

kev

crispin

Banned
Reaction score
Watched the whole video through over breakfast this morning Kev. I've not yet seen the Park Shrimp in use here in Ireland but I'm sure there are those using it, and I've no doubt that it will take off here in the way that Allys and Cascades did.

Having received my magnifying lamp in the post over the weekend, and with my week's fishing in Scotland coming up next week, I'll be getting to the vice for the first time in six years. Your video tutorial couldn't have arrived at a better time.

titanium

Banned
Reaction score
No way!

Watched the whole video through over breakfast this morning Kev. I've not yet seen the Park Shrimp in use here in Ireland but I'm sure there are those using it, and I've no doubt that it will take off here in the way that Allys and Cascades did.

Having received my magnifying lamp in the post over the weekend, and with my week's fishing in Scotland coming up next week, I'll be getting to the vice for the first time in six years. Your video tutorial couldn't have arrived at a better time.

Crispin R.,

yer jokin about not seein the Park Shrimp used in Ireland right?:eek::eek::eek::eek: A lot of lads fishing the Nore use it. Use it myself on tubes on the Ballisodare early season and on standard hooks on the Mourne later on too. I think the boys on the Suir and Blackwater use them too but its not really my patch.

t

Mo

Reaction score

Ross himself, has used them with success in Ireland.

Strood

Reaction score
Nice one

Well done Kev

Brilliant sbs .I also tie the same flies over and over again try and get them looking cool .:eek:i rip more up than i keep:eek:

Keep the sbs coming:D

JPfaeLaw

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Kev the SBS's are great ... really appreciated so keep up the hard work... looking forward to many more over the winter ;)

jcmj

Reaction score
park shrimp

very good video - This is the best fly for Salmon and Sea Trout i have ever tied on in 40 years !!! It is deadly for Sea Trout in daytime spates and will take them at night.

mdh

Reaction score
I think this is the best one yet Kev. I can't wait for your next one now.

cheers

matt

BARRA

Reaction score
PBK,

I really enjoyed the video, even though I was watching it at work (ssssshh!!) on a PC with no sound.

I think I've picked up a few tips in the way you do your hackles, which will hopefully reduce my head size on future ties.

Thanks again.