Pair of single handers

Andrew B

Reaction score
Doesn’t surprise me about you now disliking the Greys rod?
In the world of acoustic guitars, there are now hundreds of great “boutique” guitar makers who make bespoke guitars and once played they make all the great factory brands such as Martin and Gibson seem poor by comparison.

There’s also the law of diminishing returns with factory built things, meaning you may get a really good one but there’s also a high chance of getting a duffer that slipped through quality control.

After that useless little nugget of information I just wanna point out that I’m suitably jealous of you and your lad, both having a great season on hand built tackle lol. It’s not fair really😂

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Cracking looking rods TFS 👍 Again I love yer handle work 👌 some belting fish also 🎣 must be great wee buzz catching on something that you've crafted up yourself

Andrew B

Reaction score
Cracking looking rods TFS 👍 Again I love yer handle work 👌 some belting fish also 🎣 must be great wee buzz catching on something that you've crafted up yourself
Clearly these rods must be something else, given how much of a discerning and even fussy bunch we are, these bespoke rods must be pretty darn good?
Personal thing but I’m not keen on the handles, albeit they’re beautifully done, I’d love to see one of his rods with a traditional cork handle.
Agree about the fish though. Every one looked like a candidate for a Fish Scotland advertisement lol.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
Clearly these rods must be something else, given how much of a discerning and even fussy bunch we are, these bespoke rods must be pretty darn good?
Personal thing but I’m not keen on the handles, albeit they’re beautifully done, I’d love to see one of his rods with a traditional cork handle.
Agree about the fish though. Every one looked like a candidate for a Fish Scotland advertisement lol.
They absolutely are. A dream to cast with a lovely action that being progressive is very forgiving but without feeling soft. That makes for a really nice feel and despite my 13' 8/9 being 5 piece, there isn't even the hint of a flat spot anywhere on the curve i.e. you'd never know it wasn't one piece!

In fact after I gave one of the ghillies on the Dee a play with mine, he immediately asked for Gordon's details...

If you'd like one, get one as Gordon will build the handle as plain or fancy as you like.

Last edited: