Reaction score
Got a croc 🐊 on the Deveron

Attachments

• B55B15FF-CBC5-4260-89B2-AABBFA17464F.png
    B55B15FF-CBC5-4260-89B2-AABBFA17464F.png
    3 MB · Views: 61

Birkin

Reaction score
Coarse fishing a few years ago a duck went down on my ground bait and hooked itself. After 15 minutes I managed to pull it into a reed bed and my mate was trying to reach it when it bobed in the water and froze. One more bob and then it disappeared probably taken by a Pike.
Didn't manage to get my hook back.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Numerous other species encountered, bream on tube fly, tench, 5 in 5 casts whilst trout fishing, carp, loads of chub, perch, barbel, grayling, including several on devons, one on a mepps(size 5!!!). Netted a 15lb barbel for a mate, caught on a tube fly. Loads of pike to over 20lb, all adds to the fun!

wormo

Reaction score
caught a 2lb flounder on a #14 invicta and a big eel on a silver Toby many years ago in the river forth at the mouth of the Allan

Slaneysider

Reaction score
Trotting a worm on the river Till a good few years ago, I caught a huge fresh water mussel. Must have been 5” across - tightly clamped over my leader and hook.
Chucked it back but did wonder if it would have held a pearl had I opened it up
I done the very same thing yonks ago fishing the garden rangers, thought I was hooked up, to my dismay it was a mussel.
They have all but vanished because of the pollution, they don't call them fresh water mussels for nothing.

keirstream

Reaction score
I done the very same thing yonks ago fishing the garden rangers, thought I was hooked up, to my dismay it was a mussel.
They have all but vanished because of the pollution, they don't call them fresh water mussels for nothing.
Loads of mussels remain in the Far North and North West rivers in Scotland.
It's all about pollution.:(
The Teith and Earn, for example. used to be absolutely full of quality brown trout.
You would do well to catch one nowadays.:(

westie4566

Reaction score
Loads of mussels remain in the Far North and North West rivers in Scotland.
It's all about pollution.:(
The Teith and Earn, for example. used to be absolutely full of quality brown trout.
You would do well to catch one nowadays.:(
Both the S Esk and Dee have healthy populations of mussels still.

goodwin8288

Reaction score
I have caught a few small flatties on the teifi at cenarth Which must be nearly 10 miles from the sea!!!

salarchaser

Reaction score
Fishing for salmon Ive had Pike, chub, perch, eels, flatties, browns, grayling and rainbows (one twice in the same day - it had a distinctive mark).

If you include trout fishing add dace, roach, swift, swallow, bat, coot, morehen.

simonjh98

Reaction score
I've had all sorts really. Multiple roach while worming, a reasonable amount of rainbow trout up to 2lb after they escaped into the Strule, I've had eels, perch, gudgeon and foul hooked minnows and thats pretty much everything that swims in our local river lol.

Tangled

Reaction score
Fishing for sea trout in Argentina I got the Rio Grande grand slam of sea trout, brown trout and rainbow trout on the same day.
Nobody but me was impressed.

BlennyBoy

Reaction score
This is the strangest fish I have had. Fishing for pout (bass live bait) in the Solent.
Its about 5" long. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20171117_094923.jpg
    20171117_094923.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 55

BlennyBoy

Reaction score
Topknot indeed. Few fisherman have seen them, at least down here in the south. Apparently its a flat fish that lives on rocks! I hope it's still down there being a Topknot.