Orkla video

crispin

Banned
Reaction score
I have just made my first attempt at producing a fishing video. Shot on the Orkla in July with a Canon 5D Mk11 dslr.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

vimeo.com

razzer

Reaction score
hmm, very nice bit of footage, when i try filming my hand aint that steady,, i hope you fished on that trip crispin instead of filming all the time :D

Rosewan

Reaction score
Very Entertaining

Well done loved the the red dog!!, Great scenery good angles on the casting and fantastic fishing at dusk shots. More please!!

Souwester

Reaction score
Hi Crispin,

That is a great film. Really well put together.

Funnily enough, as I was watching it I thought, what a great looking place, but where are the fish. Then, bang on que, the angler is into a good strong hard fighting salmon.

If that is only your first film, you should make a few more.

Souwester

Last edited:

Salar Bob

Reaction score
Just watched your video....excellent..picture & sound quality was first class and good shots of casting on a fast flowing big river..and of course the fish..
I look forward to more of the same

Looking forward to my next outing on Tuesday....not abroad, the Earn :)

Greenalert

Reaction score
Superb, lovely soundtrack, congratulations on your first video, hope to see more

Altmor

Reaction score
Very professionally produced and a joy to watch. Would imagine it would take a fair bit of time to get there (edits / cuts / sound merge etc), so thanks for taking the time and sharing. Thumbs up :).

Altmor.

keirstream

Reaction score
Wonderful.:)
Recognize some of the water you fished, other streams mouthwatering.:)
Well shot but lacks a Scottish influence.:D

I noticed a heavily coloured cock in there.
Maybe the river should be closed in July.:D:D:D

Where are all the country gals you promised?:confused:

crispin

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. In hindsight some narration may have helped. I got a real buzz doing the editing, learning how to as I went along.

I'm tempted to take proper video gear next time.

tenet

Reaction score
Smashing video from a serious camera - if you do take the "proper video" kit next time perhaps you would let me have the Canon 5Dmk2 in exchange for my Brownie 125.:D

Thanks for posting.

Tenet

sewin snatcher

Reaction score
Top drawer . well done an excellent film , with great soundtrack, personally i prefer a music sountrack such as this to a load of commentators shouting , screaming of laughing like the so called proffesionally produced fishing films.

Last edited:

roeboy

Reaction score
Brillant,

keep up the great work and some great fish in that video too by the looks of it,

DEEROD

Reaction score
video

Brilliant footage , really enjoyed it , well edited . I am currently making a full length DVD my self, over 4 hours of footage and photos , great to have it on disk . What programme did you use , I used Nero .

crispin

Banned
Reaction score
Four hours!! :eek: Presumably there's a load of Russian stuff on it. What I would recommend is editing it really tightly so that the viewer doesn't tire of it (you know the whole, 'do you want to see our holiday snaps?' routine and how painful it gets after the first 133 photos).

Despite having the full version of Final Cut Pro, I used iMovie which is much much simpler to use and I wanted to get something posted sooner rather than later.

It was shot on some of the Orkla beats that I host guided trips to.

Last edited:

Rene Koenigs

Reaction score
Hi Crispin,

It looks like a professional video. Excellent work and I enjoyed it a lot.

Great stuff !!!!!!!!!

Rene