Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Great vids easky :cool: enjoyed watching them will defo be tying a few for the box

Clive

Reaction score
Filmed this back in April and finally got a chance to edit it this weekend... you might hear some shouts etc in the background... it was filmed during the second leg of Chelsea vs Barca... so excuse the background noise at times and my slightly hurried tying!

Hope you enjoy and get a few useful pointers and tips from it :)

Part One

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part One - YouTube

Part Two

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part Two - YouTube

Here's some stills as well - group of Firetails tied on silver salar doubles

Orange Firetail Cascade - with orange artic fox on top of the bucktail

A Beautiful Fly, Thanks for sharing and its going to be tried :)

Reiver Flash

Reaction score
Now firmly embedded as my goto fly.

Four years on since my last comment on this fly, how time passes. This is now way ahead at the top of my list of favourite flies. It has brought me a lot of success on the Tyne and given me some great fishing memories. In 2016 the orange version worked well all year but one Sunday morning I caught salmon on successive casts from the same lie, both approaching 20lb. This season I have caught most of my fish on the red version, particularly on smaller hooks. On 4 successive Mondays I caught fish on the same size 14 RFC coupled with a small silver stoat on the dropper. Interestingly this is very similar to the combination which accounted for "the Jaws of the Tyne" in this months T&S. So thanks again Andrew for bringing this pattern to our attention. The friends I have given the small pattern to have had similar luck after fishing other flies without success all day. I shall not be tying much else this winter. Others are checking your video and tying them up themselves!

Last edited:

Greys007

Reaction score
Filmed this back in April and finally got a chance to edit it this weekend... you might hear some shouts etc in the background... it was filmed during the second leg of Chelsea vs Barca... so excuse the background noise at times and my slightly hurried tying!

Hope you enjoy and get a few useful pointers and tips from it :)

Part One

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part One - YouTube

Part Two

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part Two - YouTube

Here's some stills as well - group of Firetails tied on silver salar doubles

Orange Firetail Cascade - with orange artic fox on top of the bucktail

Very nice easky ?