Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step

easky

Reaction score
Filmed this back in April and finally got a chance to edit it this weekend... you might hear some shouts etc in the background... it was filmed during the second leg of Chelsea vs Barca... so excuse the background noise at times and my slightly hurried tying!

Hope you enjoy and get a few useful pointers and tips from it :)

Part One

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part One - YouTube

Part Two

Orange Firetail Cascade Video Step by Step Dec 12 - Part Two - YouTube

Here's some stills as well - group of Firetails tied on silver salar doubles

Orange Firetail Cascade - with orange artic fox on top of the bucktail

Last edited:

angleronnie

Reaction score
very good

I really enjoyed the video,,,Meticulous tying..the green butt shows up much more than i thought..The green butt cascade is often mentioned in the Drowse reports..heretofore I thought the green butt would be pretty irrelevant..but it may well be an attraction to the fish...I hope to tie a few for the coming season....Thanks again,R

stew1

Reaction score
First class Easky.

Very informative description of what you are doing at all times.:D

wagner18

Reaction score
thanks easky nice and clear. tied a few up the night, getting ready for the new season

RUSH

Reaction score
cracking flies they look deadly i'll be tying a few of them up thanks for posting

donfisher123

Reaction score
I really want to tie this fly but I'm having difficulties finding certain materials and i was wondering if someone could tell me where i could find them online at a good price.
The materials are:
Fluro green floss, silver wire UNI soft wire 10gr, black squirrel wing and pearl krystal hair bling
Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

kgm

Reaction score
I really want to tie this fly but I'm having difficulties finding certain materials and i was wondering if someone could tell me where i could find them online at a good price.
The materials are:
Fluro green floss, silver wire UNI soft wire 10gr, black squirrel wing and pearl krystal hair bling

Mistpool has everything your looking for, although you have to buy the combo pack to get the black squirrel Mistpool free postage and pretty quick delivery

Glo brite floss is good

easky

Reaction score
The materials are:

You could also try Helmie on here (Helmsdale tackle), he should have most if not all of the materials. Look forward to seeing your finished fly :)

donfisher123

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for telling me where to find the materials i have just ordered them all now so once i get the materials ill tie up a few and show you how i get on:cool:

donfisher123

Reaction score
done a couple

ive tied 2 of them so far but they aren't very good at all (I've never tied a salmon double before) ill put up a couple of pictures as soon as i can any feed back on what ive done wrong would be much appreciated:)