Oracle Spey 13' 8/9

Rutlander

Reaction score
I picked up one of these in mint condition on auction recently. Is there a reasonable, budget priced floating head that anyone can recommend for it? It's a question that's been asked on here before but the cheaper heads that were being recommended previously (John Norris) don't seem to be available any more.

Rutlander

Reaction score
In the absence of any recommendations, I took a punt on a 480 grain Scandi Compact from Airflo at a bargain £24.99. So, for anyone in the same situation that I was, having used it I can happily say it's a great combination. Only problem is that Airflo seem to have discontinued the head now!

q4fario

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend the Airflo Scandi compact, I believe Serious Fishing have some.

Rennie

Reaction score
There's nothing budget about Airflo's Scandi Compact or Scandi Long lines. At £25 squids a pop for either they're a complete steal and will give you everything your looking for in a Floating Shooting Head. Couple either with a coated running line and a leader of slightly longer than the length of your rod and watch if fly!.
Pedro.

Rrrr

Reaction score
There's nothing budget about Airflo's Scandi Compact or Scandi Long lines. At £25 squids a pop for either they're a complete steal and will give you everything your looking for in a Floating Shooting Head. Couple either with a coated running line and a leader of slightly longer than the length of your rod and watch if fly!.
Pedro.
Do they go well on the lpxes ? Fancy something abit longer for my 13 for next year.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
I loved the 540 Scandi compact on my oracle skagit I bought a 660 version for my LPXe 15 footer and it’s awesome. However, just have to remember it’s more for lighter flies and not so good with anything too big or heavy. Best line Pedro has put me onto!! Mind you failing that try a rage float with a 14ft tip and it calms it down to be more of a scandi finish…..

Rennie

Reaction score
Rrrr, the 13ft LPXe and a 510 Scandi Compact is a perfect match.You won't bother with the Rage after casting with that set up!
Pedro.
I recently got the 570 Scandi Long for my 13ft9 NT8, thats quite impressive!

Last edited: