one fly til the end of the season

wormo

Reaction score
just want to pop up what would be hands down my choice if I had to fish only one fly til the end of the season in double, treble or tube , never let's me down with either the pattern shown or with orange hackle at the
20200625_192411.jpg
front

budge

Reaction score
Lovely looking flies, any chance of a recipe I wouldn't mind adding a couple to my box.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Only going to the river with one pattern!!! ???

I couldn't walk down the field without my 6 or 7 boxes without getting palpations!!!

What would I do for that first half hour thinking of every possible reason NOT to tie on a particular fly!!! ?

Cracking flies lads. Thanks for sharing. ?

Rennie

Reaction score
Not a cat in 'ells chance I could fish with a single pattern of flee, that would completely stew my swede!.
I just don't have the self belief or confidence to tip up to fish like that.Having said that, if you push me for an answer I'd say the Cascade!. But I've just spent the day thus far tying a version of the Banana flee on tiny wee tubes for when Ribble finally gets water and gets Budge's private stock of fish up to where us lessor mortals get to fish for them. To say its not going well is an understatement!, this is one flee I deffo. won't put on the list as an "only" pattern!.
Lets just say, me and proportion are not on 1st name terms today!
Pedro.

paddymc

Reaction score
Junction shrimp, View attachment 46463would have to be this pattern at the minute for me, has caught me on every river I've fished over the last couple of seasons. Tay, Clyde and North Esk grilse. The winged version was a new addition this year but its done the trick.

Lovely flies.

Do you tie the orange bucktail all around the hook or just on top?

RUSH

Reaction score
Junction shrimp, View attachment 46463would have to be this pattern at the minute for me, has caught me on every river I've fished over the last couple of seasons. Tay, Clyde and North Esk grilse. The winged version was a new addition this year but its done the trick.

i’m saying nothing ? but I told you a white wing would be good though deadly without as well mate ?

keirstream

Reaction score
i’m saying nothing ? but I told you a white wing would be good though deadly without as well mate ?

Mick sent me a photo of a fly that Paul lost a fish on today. You would have been proud of it.
Red throat, blue and white wing.
Downside is it also had a partial green body and a gold tail.
Bummer, eh????:D:D

RUSH

Reaction score
Mick sent me a photo of a fly that Paul lost a fish on today. You would have been proud of it.
Red throat, blue and white wing.
Downside is it also had a partial green body and a gold tail.
Bummer, eh????:D:D

The clyde salmon like a fly with a lot of orange in it tom ?? one from Wednesday
458C83CD-14B9-4324-A59A-495E0BAF88B5.jpeg

wormo

Reaction score
Lovely looking flies, any chance of a recipe I wouldn't mind adding a couple to my box.

so its orange bucktail tail with silver flash
silver butt and rib of soft wire or oval tinsel
silver flat tinsel which looks to be better on this fly than silver holo , used to use lagatun flat braid but cant find it now
mid hackle of orange cock or stiff hen
wing just behind the front hackle of hot orange gp tippet
finish off with either silver badger or another orange hackle
optional jc tied over and under
hot orange tying thread
job done flies pictured are on esmond drury trebles size 8 and 6

budge

Reaction score
silver flat tinsel which looks to be better on this fly than silver holo , used to use lagatun flat braid but cant find it now
hot orange tying thread
Thanks Wormo, I thought that's what I could see but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Jack Holroyd

Reaction score
One fly till the end of the season ? Easy; gold bodied cascade, tied v long , no smaller than size eight ( 1 1/2 inch).
I only use three flies now , cascade, collie dog 3inch +, and occasional silver stoat in fast water.
It makes life much easier when I know they work and I don't chop and change all day , I change the speed of retrieve.

Fly-Only

Reaction score

What about that Pink flee you were singing ? your praise about?

Kype King

Reaction score
hot orange tying thread
What do you call it Wormo?!