Oh well

speycaster

Reaction score
just about ready for the first season in three on the river due to ops [two complete knee replacements )and here we go again another op lol never mind be all done and recovered by end of may cant wait lol old fishermen dont die they limp ha ha

yellabelly

Reaction score
just about ready for the first season in three on the river due to ops [two complete knee replacements )and here we go again another op lol never mind be all done and recovered by end of may cant wait lol old fishermen dont die they limp ha ha

All the best for the fishing. I know where you're coming from re llimping.
Just had my left knee replaced in January following my right knee last March.
Following last years op my first weeks fishing was in May. Managed OK but avoided the lumpy bits of wading. Due on the Dee first week in March, may be a bit soon after the op but hey-ho it was booked anyway. Think I'll turn up on crutches first morning and warn the ghillie that its Help the Aged week.

speycaster

Reaction score
you will be ok mate im raring to go ,what they didnt tell me was i would get total mid foot collapse in both feet due to the replacement knees lol having 5 cm choped of the back of my right heel and screwed to the undeneath of it to give me raised platform and two bones fused and hey presto im good

smokie999

Reaction score
Had new knees for a couple of years now all going well,just go steady with the wading

yellabelly

Reaction score
Forget the ice packs to reduce the swelling. Just get in the river at this time of year. I've found it reduces the size of everything below the water line!