Off the cigarettes

superfly127

Reaction score
Off the cigarettes 8 weeks today and it wasn’t bothering me too much until today and I was about to blow a gasket for some reason . had a real craving for a smoke so headed for the fly tying table to release a bit of steam, found some polar bear so decided to give it a go in the tail , 23C0445B-C781-4075-ADAB-2FEFFEB475F7.jpeg

westie4566

Reaction score
How cool a smoke was the Polar Bear???

.........I'll just get my coat now:thumb:

Cracking flee btw!!

Rennie

Reaction score
She who must be obeyed has been off the fags for 5 months now and at times would wrestle a Tiger for a fag!.
Mindst you, she can't tie flees at all!.
Cracking effort and keep up both lines of good work!
Pedro

bassfly

Reaction score
When the hospital tells you that if you carry on smoking you will probably die it was a no brainer.
18 years this Summer.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Cracker superfly 🎣. And well done wae the fags :thumb: nearly 6 years for me, best thing I ever done although I do like an odd cigar wae a wee dram in the summer evenings

Night Hawk

Reaction score
Been off the weed for 11 years. You've nearly cracked it after 8 weeks. Keep going, it does get easier.
Nice fly BTW.

Handel

Reaction score
Good man, keep it up. My brother-in-law only gave them up after he went down with throat cancer, luckily he has recovered. Two of my former partners gave them up after a third died from smoking (age 51), and a miserable death it was too. No need to wait until something horrible happens.

Rrrr

Reaction score
6 years gone boxing day for me, my uncle died the day before of lung cancer and had never smoked in his life, seeing him slowly fade away was enough for me never to touch one again and never had the urge. Still got the daft vape thing which isnt ideal but i feel alot better not smoking.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well done all of you. I quit for ten years in 2000 then found myself deep in India, no alcohol, no meat but a guy selling Will's 'Bristol' fags in packets of 10.
"One won't hurt," I thought ......

Ten years later I'm still sending my hard-earned up in smoke.

@ superfly. Stick with it, mate. 8-10 weeks was about the time it took for my cravings to go. You're on the downhill slope.

skagitmonster

Reaction score
year and a half off the dreaded drug , I pity those who smoke now and see them outside choughing away in all weathers , it was a life changing thing when I gave up as I had smoked for 25yrs , I went cold turkey and it was hell ,,,but worth every bit of agony , I will never smoke another cos if I do I,ll be back on 30 a day , nice fly btw

Rrrr

Reaction score
year and a half off the dreaded drug , I pity those who smoke now and see them outside choughing away in all weathers , it was a life changing thing when I gave up as I had smoked for 25yrs , I went cold turkey and it was hell ,,,but worth every bit of agony , I will never smoke another cos if I do I,ll be back on 30 a day , nice fly btw
Ive still got my last packet with 1 inside in the bedside drawer, i left it there just to prove a point that i didnt want it because if i did that would be me back on them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

aneurin

Reaction score
Ive still got my last packet with 1 inside in the bedside drawer, i left it there just to prove a point that i didnt want it because if i did that would be me back on them.

Keep on fag free and look forward to all the new gear you can buy .

Bonito

Reaction score
I must be strange. 20th June 2018 (about 20 months ago) I just decided Iwas stopping after 50 years and at the latter few years 40 - 50 a day. I stopped, no patches, gums, vapes nothing just stopped and as mentioned, I must be strange as it was one of the easiest things I have ever done. No pangs, no cravings nothing, it`s as if I had never smoked, (except for the almost 2 stone extra).

KChrome

Reaction score
Keep up the good work, that's me 343 days in (just googled it ha ha) and have no intentions of ever picking one up again! Yes there will be times when you think I'd love one right now but as has been said it will get easier! That's a cracking wee Calvin type flea BTW and thanks for posting :)

Last edited:

alan

Reaction score
HI
Packed in in 1983 in Saudi. The most boring place in the world. Guys came out and actually started smoking because it was so cheap and sometimes the most exciting thing you could do all day.
My reason for quitting was Squash, I started getting beat by opponents that shouldn't have been on the same court as me. If I couldn't stuff them in 3 games that was me blowing for tugs and getting tonked. So the ciggies had to go. Best thing I ever did, be dead now if I'd carried on.
regards
Alan

ardinn

Reaction score
Was off for 2 years - Went to a wedding in portugal and said "ah ill have a few here and give up when im home"

Brought back 800!

ibm59

Reaction score
5 1/2 years now.
The heart attack was a great motivator , and I haven’t had a single puff since that day.

The bank account is much healthier too.
Was on 2 and a bit packs of B&H a day.
Do the arithmetic 😉

meyre

Reaction score
Superfly that is a top fly...imagine what one could do after a bottle of Paddy's and 2 packs of Sweet Afton?...A Father Jack Special! Go on you know it makes sense!!

I did stop happily for 5 years and then discovered the most fabulous diets either the TTT or the CCC

Tanqueray,Tumeric,Tobacco and Champagne,Crustaceans,Cubans.

My fly tying remains hopelessly shoddy.