October 2017 Fly Swap

billy fish

Reaction score
October fly swap

Got started and should finish in a couple of days, posted by end of the week.
An old classic I'm afraid but voted one of the top all time salmon flies.

IMG_2980.jpg

and a moment of play.

View attachment 24746

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Glad they arrived safely!

I kept one separate from the rest. I forgot to put some guinea fowl on it but that will do me. The rest should be near enough the same for everyone else.

suirspey

Reaction score
Slaneybs and jockiescott, your flies arrived today and look the part

Quick update - so far I have received gwelsher’s and the above 2.

Gary
Posted mine during the week so should be with you Monday I'd hope

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Mine were off Thursday so should also be with you middle of next week.

I’ve left the flash off 2 tails. Sorry! I only noticed when packing them up, clearly they are still amazing flies. . . . .

GaryD

Reaction score
Dean, got your flies today, great looking set?

If anyone has yet to post pm me as I move house tmrw. If already posted dinnae panic, got access to old house for a bit and a postal divert in place so nothing should go astray.

Can’t wait to move, can see the mid-Clyde from my bedroom :cool:

Canewizard

Reaction score
This round is kinda cursed. From order cancellation and then running out of thread, to having a problem with the vise... The jaws don't tighten up properly anymore. If I can't fix this, I'll probably have to concede defeat, which is a pity, because I think all your flies look great.
I'll keep you posted how I get on.

Sorry guys

deanevans

Reaction score
This round is kinda cursed. From order cancellation and then running out of thread, to having a problem with the vise... The jaws don't tighten up properly anymore. If I can't fix this, I'll probably have to concede defeat, which is a pity, because I think all your flies look great.
I'll keep you posted how I get on.

Sorry guys
Good luck canewizard. Pity as I know you tie a mean fly

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Canewizard

Reaction score
Thanks, mate. I'll try to figure something out tonight. Hopefully the last three aren't gonna be too shitty...
@Gary: Would you pm me your new address, please? Will try to get em out by the end of the week.

Sorry again for holding things up.

GaryD

Reaction score
GK, picked up your flies from my old house today, was wondering what was taking them so long to arrive but see you posted from the US!

Only waiting on 2 sets now and both are on way so should have this swap done and dusted shortly. Been a bit delayed what with one thing and another but normal service will resume on next one.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Thanks Gary

I think Thanksgiving may have increased the postage time, generally it has only been taking 5 days to get things home. Glad they have arrived.

Cheers

GK

deanevans

Reaction score
GK, picked up your flies from my old house today, was wondering what was taking them so long to arrive but see you posted from the US!

Only waiting on 2 sets now and both are on way so should have this swap done and dusted shortly. Been a bit delayed what with one thing and another but normal service will resume on next one.
Gary you could just give mine to santa that would be a nice present to open on Christmas morning

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

GaryD

Reaction score
Wee update, still waiting on FP’s and canewizard’s flees, hopefully in soon as believe they’ve been sent and get them back out in time for Santa. I always leave a few flies out for him beside his brandy as he’s nothing else to do but fish for a lot of the year, and judging by the size of him not many go back :p

GaryD

Reaction score
Not to worry, FP, they arrived today so thats them all in.

Really busy with work at moment, putting in long hours and working this weekend (the joys of floorlaying and the last minute christmas rush!) but if I get a chance will get them sorted and sent out this wk but next wk more likely, will confirm once done.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Hogmanay :D

gwelsher

Reaction score
Leave it till after the madness is over to post, less chance of them getting lost.

Happy Christmas all.