October 2017 Fly Swap

GaryD

Reaction score
FGetting near the end of the fishing season for some, and already over for others, so must be time to get tying for next year!

Given the resurgence in GK's TOTM would hope to get the full quota of 10 entries in short order and as usual its first come first served.

Usual format, but for anyone looking to enter for the first time the swap works as follows: each entrant ties 10 of the same pattern (hooks or tubes, doesn't matter), posts them to me and I'll then divide all the entries and post back a collection of the 10 different patterns to each of you.

It's a great way to bolster your fly collection and inevitably there will be patterns you receive which will inspire, and for beginners and improvers (which after only 2 years tying I still fall into this camp) tying 10 of the same fly will improve your skills and consistency. Or just do it for the fun of it, whatever?

Will leave the choice of pattern open, so whether its something you've had success with this year or something you're looking to use next year, show us yer flies!

Deadline for posting would be first week in November, and as I'm moving house on the 20th don't want any early entries and will confirm new address by pm to everyone who enters.

Here’s the 10 entries, # indicates flies received:

jockiescott #
grassyknollington #
gwelsher #
suirspey #
faughanpurple
canewizard
deanevans #
billyfish #
slaneybs #
garyd #

Last edited:

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I'm in Gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Easy to pick the fly that caught me fish this year, there was only one, fish or fly :eek:

GaryD

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat, GK, only managed out 3 times this year and one fish, worst season yet but next year will be better, can see the mid-Clyde stretch from my new house? (Not that this influenced my
choice of location, as I keep assuring my long-suffering wife)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Agh go on then.

I'll see what hooks I have here before deciding what to tie. :)

Ypres

Reaction score
Unfortunately in India for the rest of the month. Memsahib says no fly tying! Will follow thread with interest.

suirspey

Reaction score
For the month that's in I'm going to tie up some Ghost Shrimps, hope that's alright with everyone, by the time I've 7 tied we might have a few more entries

Last edited:

Slaneybs

Reaction score
count me in

Count me in, that means we just need 2 more.

Last edited:

deanevans

Reaction score
I'm also in think that makes ten of us. I know if I don't participate then I will be sorry as there are some excellent fly dressers on this forum that we can all gain extra knowledge from .

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

suirspey

Reaction score
Said I'd get these done before the Ex-Hurricane cleans us out tomorrow!!..

Ghost Shrimp on Partridge size 8's
IMG_20171016_001709_Bokeh.jpg

Last edited:

gwelsher

Reaction score
I'll do my Frances. It's on an IC tube and has bristles for the feelers.
It has accounted for over 20 fish this year, none to me though :mad::mad:

Francis IC tube.jpg