Observations from Lincolnshire

Elibank

Reaction score
Mrs Gaula is getting a little worse I'm afraid to say, noticeably
her balance and coordination, her speech is no better either.
We have someone coming in next week, to see her.
at the moment, it is hard work, I'm not sure what the future
holds, thanks for your concern, it is much appreciated.
“Keep Buggering On”

Winston Spencer Churchill

The great man invented this phrase quite early in his life when his “Black Dog” depression threatened to overwhelm him - it has always worked for me, and I hope and trust it does the same for you both.

gaula

Reaction score
“Keep Buggering On”

Winston Spencer Churchill

The great man invented this phrase quite early in his life when his “Black Dog” depression threatened to overwhelm him - it has always worked for me, and I hope and trust it does the same for you both.
Being born in the earlyforty,s, and growing up when most people didn't have a
great deal of anything, "keep buggering on" was the only way forward,
It has stuck with me ever since, Mrs Gaula is the same, "there is only
a year between us" there is another saying, which is " when the going
gets tough, the tough get going" it's all too easy these days to throw
in the towel.

mcminnow

Reaction score
We've had snow this morning but it hasn't settled. Sunny with a clear blue sky but it's cold at just 2C and a bit breezy. Not going out as we have to isolate prior to Mrs Mac's op tomorrow.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Been on my exercise bike and pedalled hard as it was only 5C in the conservatory when I started.............now up to 11C. Will be getting a phone call from our surgery at 2.10pm with the results of my annual medical.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Had my call from the surgery and they are very pleased as all my counts are well down. This will be because I don't eat puddings any more and just eat grapes after our main course. The TV is off all today because Virgin Media has crashed so have done some reading. We can , however, watch anything we have pre-recorded and we have a lot of that. My diabetes count was down from 57 to 52 which they said was excellent and all my blood and urine tests were fine so they don't want to see me again until next year. Three cheers for the grapes. Still no mice in the garage despite the cold weather. Minus 1C tonight so socks on again in bed!! No more snow today.

gaula

Reaction score
Had my call from the surgery and they are very pleased as all my counts are well down. This will be because I don't eat puddings any more and just eat grapes after our main course. The TV is off all today because Virgin Media has crashed so have done some reading. We can , however, watch anything we have pre-recorded and we have a lot of that. My diabetes count was down from 57 to 52 which they said was excellent and all my blood and urine tests were fine so they don't want to see me again until next year. Three cheers for the grapes. Still no mice in the garage despite the cold weather. Minus 1C tonight so socks on again in bed!! No more snow today.
That's brilliant news Mac.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A cold damp morning again, with rain showers, off to Tesco at Annan,
to stock up, as visitors coming at lunch time, and they will need fed.
Bright with blue sky but quite cold. Mrs Mac not so bad and has gone off to our local Coop to get some essentials. I've told her to take it easy for a few days as she has a large stitched area! We've had a visit from one male blackbird yesterday and today and several pigeons.
Hope Mrs Gaula is ok.

Warwick I

Reaction score
Calmer day a chance to clear up the leaves and rubbish blown into the garden and drive ,no damage done this time. Another storm coming from the south next week batten down for that.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Calmer day a chance to clear up the leaves and rubbish blown into the garden and drive ,no damage done this time. Another storm coming from the south next week batten down for that.
A bit breezy here with some light rain from the north. Two male blackbirds on the lawn this morning and two pigeons on the garden fence. Mrs Mac is doing fine and just resting a lot. She should be fit and well by Christmas. Poor weather next week so probably not going out again for a while. Hope everyone is well!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's been a nice day here today, dry and sunny with no frost or wind.
managed to polish the car this afternoon. all change tomorrow I believe.
Yes, not looking good next week with rain and wind forecast. Cold tonight at 1C so socks on again in bed!! I probably won't get out for a week or so.