Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Still cold but it seem to have bucked up a bit but still not going out. Tomorrow's gales are forecast at 50mph so won't be going out as there is heavy rain as well. Monday is 2C so probably not going out then!! Could be stuck inside for a week.

Warwick I

Reaction score
Stormy night on the Fylde coast, bright cold sunny and breezy today, the surrounding fells are looking well with a covering of snow on them.

Elibank

Reaction score
A tad snowy here this morning…

80BA4E54-1B60-4C3E-920C-97CA3E672115.jpeg

mcminnow

Reaction score
No snow at all here, just still damp and very windy. Lots of snow where we originally came from (Huddersfield). Still very cold.

gaula

Reaction score
It started to snow quite heavily here this morning at around 8am,
only consolation is, that there is no wind at all, and secondly, I don't
have to go out in it.

mcminnow

Reaction score
It started to snow quite heavily here this morning at around 8am,
only consolation is, that there is no wind at all, and secondly, I don't
have to go out in it.
A bit of snow with us this morning but just a dusting. Very cold but lots of blue sky. Not going out.

salarchaser

Reaction score
We had about 2' of snow yesterday, it stopped at lunchtime, the the sun came out, but didn't
melt much, hard frost last night, dry and cloudy this morning.
similar to you with a little less snow. Everywhere looking like a picture postcard. Most roads clear but the side road outside our house is a bit crunchy.
Warmer tomorrow.

mcminnow

Reaction score
We had about 2' of snow yesterday, it stopped at lunchtime, the the sun came out, but didn't
melt much, hard frost last night, dry and cloudy this morning.
No more snow here but a frost last night (-3C). Not a bad day today with some blue sky but still very cold at just 3C so not going out. Mrs Mac has been to the chemist for our tablets and says it's cold so it must be!! Still no mice in the garage despite the cold but our neighbour has trapped four recently so they are still about.
Mrs Mac has to go for a Covid test tomorrow prior to her minor operation on Friday. She's going shopping this afternoon and then has to stay in until Friday. I may go out tomorrow as it's going to be a bit warmer (11C) and then I have also got to stay in.

Elibank

Reaction score
No more snow here but a frost last night (-3C). Not a bad day today with some blue sky but still very cold at just 3C so not going out. Mrs Mac has been to the chemist for our tablets and says it's cold so it must be!! Still no mice in the garage despite the cold but our neighbour has trapped four recently so they are still about.
Mrs Mac has to go for a Covid test tomorrow prior to her minor operation on Friday. She's going shopping this afternoon and then has to stay in until Friday. I may go out tomorrow as it's going to be a bit warmer (11C) and then I have also got to stay in.
2E5D2956-8099-4795-8844-B9E0C5DE4A85.png

mcminnow

Reaction score
Not a bad day and a bit warmer at 9C with little wind so have been out for a quick trip to the park and cafe. Didn't see anyone I know except for a lady who works in the Coop so had a brief chat with her. Still no mice in the garage and no blackbirds or starlings in the garden, just four pigeons which we fed as they looked a bit under the weather!! All our snow has melted which is what we expected with it being warmer. Cold again tomorrow.

Last edited:

gaula

Reaction score
What a difference a day makes, after the snow on Sunday, it turned mild yesterday
with some drizzle, then we had some rain last night, which has cleared all the snow,
quite mild and dry so far today, but heavy rain forecast.

mcminnow

Reaction score
After heavy overnight rain, we now have a dry bright morning,
with a slight breeze, off to the local tip at 10am with some rubbish.
No rain with us but quite windy. Now bright with lots of blue sky. Not going out as we have to stay in before Mrs Mac has her small op on Friday so we don't catch anything. Am sleeping better with the heavier duvet and didn't get up until 9.15am

gaula

Reaction score
How’s Mrs. Gaula, mate?
Mrs Gaula is getting a little worse I'm afraid to say, noticeably
her balance and coordination, her speech is no better either.
We have someone coming in next week, to see her.
at the moment, it is hard work, I'm not sure what the future
holds, thanks for your concern, it is much appreciated.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Mrs Gaula is getting a little worse I'm afraid to say, noticeably
her balance and coordination, her speech is no better either.
We have someone coming in next week, to see her.
at the moment, it is hard work, I'm not sure what the future
holds, thanks for your concern, it is much appreciated.
Really sorry to hear that................let us know how things go, we're all with you.