Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
A cloudy damp morning here today, with a good chance of
a shower the way the sky is getting darker.

visitors coming today, so everything on hold.
Not a bad day at 12C and just a light breeze so have been out to the park and cafe. Didn't see anyone I know but a few people said hello as they passed. Mrs Mac has gone tree planting until 3.00pm so a good job it's dry. Now watching TV and will do some reading later on. The colder weather starts tonight for a few days so may not get out again for a while.............will just wait and see how it goes.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Cold last night at just 2C so kept my socks on!! Bright and sunny this morning with lots of blue sky but still cold and forecast to be only 7C so will not be going out and much the same for the rest of the coming week.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Another crisp clear frosty morning here, been out with my neighbour
for our usual walk this morning, to test new hip out, seems to be
ok and no pain.
It went down to 1C last night and it's frosty here as well. Sunny with blue sky but still cold so not going out as there's a cold breeze. Pleased to hear the new hip is ok. Still no blackbirds or starlings in the garden.................they returned in early November last year.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Plan B today. Decided to get wrapped up and go out as there was little wind and lots of sunshine and it wasn't too bad. Didn't see anyone I know but stayed out for 35 minutes. Sat in the park and watched the Red Arrows training over Scampton.

ACW

Reaction score
Re Scampton ,do they still have the Lancaster on the main gate.
Ilived in Married Quarters back in the 60s ,whilst father was a tecchy officer based there !

mcminnow

Reaction score
Re Scampton ,do they still have the Lancaster on the main gate.
Ilived in Married Quarters back in the 60s ,whilst father was a tecchy officer based there !
Not sure about that as it's quite a while since I've been past. I must get Mrs Mac to take me to have a look.

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's going to be cold on Tuesday but very little wind so will probably go out again. Forecast to be 1C tonight so socks on!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Going for a haircut at 1.40pm so will go a bit early and sit in the park. Lovely day, blue sky and sunny with hardly any wind but quite cold at just 4C so will need to get well wrapped up!! No feed back yet from my annual medical so presume I don't have anything nasty (feel fine). Very cold last night and I think I need another wrap on my bed.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Have been and had my haircut and it wasn't at all bad in the park, mainly because of the lack of wind. Am now tidy and smart for Christmas!!

gaula

Reaction score
A damp cloudy morning here today, but as I type this, the sun has come out,
there is hope yet.!
going to the dentist this morning to have an impression taken as I broke my lower
dentures last week.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A damp cloudy morning here today, but as I type this, the sun has come out,
there is hope yet.!
going to the dentist this morning to have an impression taken as I broke my lower
dentures last week.
Dull and overcast this morning and quite cold.............no sun yet so not going out. Mrs Mac was at the dentist yesterday for a check up. Having looked at the forecast for the next few days I don't think I'll be going out for a while...........wet, sleety and possibly some snow!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
A hard frost here this morning, with a blue sky and plenty of sunshine,
been out for a walk with my neighbour at 9 am, ok in the sun, but in the shade
it was really cold, glad to get back inside.
Exactly the same here and not warming up much so will not be going out. Used an extra wrap on the bed last night and stayed nice and warm.

Elibank

Reaction score
Cut the lawn this afternoon, another box ticked there. Did my man shop this morning, and was amazed at the low stock levels, obviously the supply chains are still stretched.

Can anyone explain the logic of a football club sacking their manager after six months, and then giving the job to an assistant on a near five year contract? No, me neither, but welcome to the world of Sheffield football.

Off to the NEC tomorrow for the big Antiques fair, hope they’ve got the heating on…

salarchaser

Reaction score
Cut the lawn this afternoon, another box ticked there. Did my man shop this morning, and was amazed at the low stock levels, obviously the supply chains are still stretched.

Can anyone explain the logic of a football club sacking their manager after six months, and then giving the job to an assistant on a near five year contract? No, me neither, but welcome to the world of Sheffield football.

Off to the NEC tomorrow for the big Antiques fair, hope they’ve got the heating on…
Got out and cut mine after the frost went.
People say there are no supply issues but I keep seeing gaps on the shelves.
Lots of teams chopping and changing manager. My lot , cardiff, have just promoted their U23 manager to the top job to the end of the year.
Don't understand Man U. Looking for an interim to the end of the year. Some of the names have got good jobs at present. Why would they leave a club where they're succeeding for a job til the summer?