Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Mrs Mac has left for Hampshire so I'm on my own now. She started yesterday with her mouse traps and trapped two. This morning all four of her traps had caught a mouse so she now has a total of six!! Just made myself a beaker of tea and will read the paper and do the crosswords. Not going out as it's raining and anyway the cafe is closed. Must remember to check the mouse traps tomorrow.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Cool and damp so not going out although there is no wind. My home help lady has been to check up on me and we had a drink and a chat. Managed to get up and dressed myself. Last night I had a chicken and veg microwave meal which I managed ok (potatoes, carrot and peas) and it was very nice. I've been left some wraps and sandwiches for lunch so not going hungry and we have a drinks machine which makes tea or coffee so plenty to drink.
Will try and get to the garage to check on the mice situation!!
Mrs Mac rang me twice yesterday to make sure I was ok, which I was. She will call again this evening and tomorrow. I will watch TV and I also have a book to read so will have plenty to keep me occupied.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Getting ready for our Upper Tweed week, starting next Saturday - if I could remember where everything is, life would be a whole lot easier, I’ve just found one wader sock which doesn’t really help much..

Could be worse. After a long absence from salmon fishing, I once couldn't find my salmon fishing box - reels, nylon, flies e.t.c before a trip. At the last minute, I checked a tucked away drawer and found it !

Elibank

Reaction score
Could be worse. After a long absence from salmon fishing, I once couldn't find my salmon fishing box - reels, nylon, flies e.t.c before a trip. At the last minute, I checked a tucked away drawer and found it !
I’m still trying to get the crew together, we’ve got people coming from Sheffield (us), Teeside, mid-Wales, Edinburgh, Inverness and sundry locals. It’s the same people every year, has been for twelve years, and apparently none of them can pick up their mobile or look at their emails!

My missis says that I love it all really, and she’s right, what she doesn’t know is that every crew member is plotting a way to beat her to the hotspot!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Rain overnight and still drizzling. Little wind and quite mild at 15C but not going out. My home help lady has been and changed my socks and done a bit of washing up for me so all is well in the world. Can't get to the garage to check on mice because it's wet so will just leave it. Still no birds in the garden except for the odd pigeon although last week we saw a few blackbirds on the roofs of nearby bungalows but they've not come into our garden. Mrs Mac rang me last night at 7.15pm to check I'd had my visit and was ok...............she will be coming home tomorrow so back to normal!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Good job I stayed inside as it's drizzled most of the day and it's very windy. Hope Gaula and Mrs Gaula are progressing ok. Rain on both Wednesday and Thursday so won't be going out until at least Friday.

gaula

Reaction score
Good job I stayed inside as it's drizzled most of the day and it's very windy. Hope Gaula and Mrs Gaula are progressing ok. Rain on both Wednesday and Thursday so won't be going out until at least Friday.
Hi Mac, thank you for asking, we are coping ok just now, council came
and fitted 2 grab rails in Mrs Gaula's ensuite yesterday so that should
help her.
My hip is getting better slowly, all swelling gone, no pain as such, but
still quite stiff at the joint area, doing all the exercises, plus a fair bit of
walking outside weather permitting, otherwise, walking up and down
the hallway.

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's been dry overnight here, and we now have some blue sky
appearing, no breeze as yet, it could be a nice day, hopefully
I'll get out for a walk.
We've had overnight rain and it's still raining heavily so not going out. Just a light breeze at present but it's forecast to get windier soon. Mrs Mac is coming home today!! Glad to hear you are both on the mend.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Quite cold and windy but will go out for a short trip as I haven't been out for several days. Should be ok if I get wrapped up and put my fleecy hat on but won't stay long. All back to normal now Mrs Mac is back home (she says she missed me!!)

mcminnow

Reaction score
I didn't realise I was so lovable!!! Have been out and it wasn't so bad and quite warm sat in the sun. Parked up outside the cafe as it was in the shade from the north wind so stayed for 30 minutes. Our railway level crossing is broken and there was several workmen repairing it..............the road is closed until they repair it. Only one more mouse in the garage since last Sunday so we are now on 7................none today.
It's going to be a degree or two warmer on Friday and dry so will probably go out again for a spin. Wore my fleecy hat and gloves today and kept quite warm. My scooter goes faster with a strong wind behind it!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's supposed to be fine now but it's still raining..............may have to stay inside. No mice today so they may have wised up!!