Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
After all the heavy rain yesterday, we now have blue sky and sunshine,
with a slight breeze.
Blue sky and sunshine here with no rain forecast today so am hoping to get out to the park and the cafe. The decorators have finished and the hall looks a lot better and we can now move about easily. Yesterday's rain was quite heavy and we had a few puddles but they've all gone now. A bit breezy today but will get wrapped up.................much colder tonight.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Have been out to the park and cafe but didn't stay long as it was very windy and quite cold..............back home in 15 minutes!! It's only about 12C in the garden and forecast to drop to just 6C tonight...........brrrrrrrrr. Hope you are all fit and well.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Very dull and overcast and we have drizzly rain although heavier rain forecast later today. Have just been on my exercise bike in the conservatory and it's only 10C outside and just 14C in the conservatory. Mrs Ma has decreed we are going to have some hot soup with lunch and I have full agreed (3 bean soup with herbs)...........yum yum. Obviously not going out today and will read and watch TV. Last night it went down to just 6C so got well wrapped up in bed.
Rain tomorrow morning until 11.00am so may still get out but not if it's cool and windy..........watch this space.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Heavy overnight rain here, it has now cleared but still cloudy,
with a strong wing, quite cold.
The same with us with no more rain after last night and early this morning. Quite windy now and it's going to be very windy tomorrow so won't be going out. Still very cool so have put my gilet on!! The soup at lunchtime was very tasty.

Elibank

Reaction score
The same with us with no more rain after last night and early this morning. Quite windy now and it's going to be very windy tomorrow so won't be going out. Still very cool so have put my gilet on!! The soup at lunchtime was very tasty.
Stock up on Baxter’s Oxtail Soup now it’s getting cooler, Mac..

Elibank

Reaction score
Not keen on Oxtail................prefer more exotic flavours. Oxtail is so 1950's/1960's
Sounds about my timeline, does that…our football family has sausage sandwiches and oxtail soup prior to leaving for the match, this probably explains some strange noises in the second half..

mcminnow

Reaction score
Mrs Mac has been shopping and we now have about twenty tins of soup to keep us going. Fortunately we both like the same flavours so no falling out!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
A bit cloudy but dry after a bit of overnight rain. Quite windy so have decided not to go out as it's also a bit cool.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Dry overnight and now dull with rain forecast. We are going for our flu jabs at 1.00pm so hope it's not too wet..............Mrs Mac will take us in her car. Hope Gaula and Mrs Gaula are ok and progressing!

gaula

Reaction score
Dry overnight and now dull with rain forecast. We are going for our flu jabs at 1.00pm so hope it's not too wet..............Mrs Mac will take us in her car. Hope Gaula and Mrs Gaula are ok and progressing!
Thanks for asking Mac, we are both dodging along, my hip is still quite stiff, but swelling has gone down somewhat
below my knee now, keeping me awake at night, even with some painkillers.
Mrs Gaula is still about the same, doc coming out on Monday to check her b.p.

Not a very nice day her, wet & windy, & quite colds will be walking in the house, instead of outside.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Thanks for asking Mac, we are both dodging along, my hip is still quite stiff, but swelling has gone down somewhat
below my knee now, keeping me awake at night, even with some painkillers.
Mrs Gaula is still about the same, doc coming out on Monday to check her b.p.

Not a very nice day her, wet & windy, & quite colds will be walking in the house, instead of outside.
I suppose it's slow and steady for your recovery. Just back from the surgery and had our flu jabs but got caught in some light rain. We managed ok and Mrs Mac looked after me so didn't get very wet. Having a mug of tea to warm up. Heavier rain on it's way so glad to be back home.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Torrential rain here last night and this morning, skies are
looking a little brighter now, no wind. another day pacing
up and down the house, if I Can't get out for a bit of a walk.
Our rain eased off around teatime. Much brighter and sunny today but still cool at just 10C. so not going out and will read and watch TV. All the best to you both.