Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Well,the sun suddenly appeared at about 1pm, it has turned very hot this afternoon,
still showing 23C as I write this, even hotter tomorrow I believe.
It went up to 29C with us and forecast to be the same tomorrow. Went to the park and the cafe for a cold milkshake as it was far too hot for coffee. Going out tomorrow then rain on Thursday/Friday.

Warwick I

Reaction score
Very warm must be the warmest day this year. A job that's been on the to do list this year, painting the fence panels has been done during these last two days of hot weather, no excuse with the fishing off.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Very warm today with just a light breeze so have been out to the park and cafe. Very quiet and didn't see anyone I know. Not many people about and the car park was half empty.
Yesterday we had 10 of the Red Arrows fly very low over the village and today we've seen some of the twin-engined Cranwell trainers. We still have just two blackbirds in the garden. Spotted a pigeon sitting on a nest while in the park.
So warm last night that I slept on top of the bed and will probably do the same tonight as it's now up to 30C..........looking forward to rain tomorrow.

gaula

Reaction score
After a really hot day yesterday, we had some overnight rain, it has now stopped,
& is dry again, but very muggy with the clouds breaking up, not sure how it's
going to turn out today.

mcminnow

Reaction score
After a really hot day yesterday, we had some overnight rain, it has now stopped,
& is dry again, but very muggy with the clouds breaking up, not sure how it's
going to turn out today.
No rain so far and none forecast until 5.00pm!! Somewhat cooler today and will stay in, in case the forecast is inaccurate. Will do some crosswords, read my book and watch TV. Had a bath this morning and feel better for it!! All the best for your upcoming op.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Quite warm today at 25C and still no rain as yet. Lots of butterflies in the garden, mainly white but the odd red/brown one. Rain on Friday but fine on Saturday so hope to get out then to the park and the cafe. Watch this space!!

gaula

Reaction score
We had torrential rain here about 12.30pm which lasted for about 20 minutes,
I went to Carlisle shortly afterwards, & half a mile down the motorway, the roads
where bone dry, same in Carlisle, still quite warm though.

mcminnow

Reaction score
We had torrential rain here about 12.30pm which lasted for about 20 minutes,
I went to Carlisle shortly afterwards, & half a mile down the motorway, the roads
where bone dry, same in Carlisle, still quite warm though.
Still no rain but it is pretty dark and could rain yet.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A murky morning here today, with light drizzle, but quite warm.
Warm but a bit cloudy, although no rain so far. Rain forecast around tea-time. More white butterflies this morning as it's already 22C. Not going out and was going to watch the Test Match but it's been cancelled because of Covid. Will do more crosswords and read my book.

mcminnow

Reaction score
What started off as a dry cloudy morning, has now turned into a nice sunny day here.
been shopping this morning, now doing a bit of housework.
We have a nice sunny day and I've been out to the park and the cafe, although didn't see anyone I know. On the way back the Red Arrows flew over the village in two lots of five. It's now at 22C. Despite the recent forecast we had no rain or thunder on either Thursday or Friday but there was some in nearby regions.

Mrs Mac has gone out to mow the lawn as the grass is nice and dry.

Warwick I

Reaction score
Turn out to be a pleasant sunny afternoon here. We were at the Lancashire Game Fair this morning it manage to keep mainly dry just a few drops of rain, a very enjoyable morning.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Mrs Mac has been out since 10.00am at the village picnic as she is on the organisation committee and has just got back. It was a great success and around 300 villagers attended, mainly because it was fine, dry and warm. She's gone to make a coffee as she was gasping for a drink. She likes being involved as it means she can meet loads of people and make lots of new friends in the village. Had a quiet day myself, mainly watching TV.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Dull and overcast and much cooler than yesterday at only 15C. Just looked at the forecast and there's going to be frequent showers so doubt if I'll be going out (electric scooters and water don't mix well). Anyway, will wait and see and report back later.

Elibank

Reaction score
Visited the local recycling site this morning to get rid of old newspapers, it was absolutely rammed full of cardboard and I was told just to pile it on top - the local HGV drivers who usually empty the site are apparently working for supermarkets now, picking up £1000 bonuses before they get in the cabs.

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's come out bright and much warmer so have been out to the park............no sign of any rain now. Saw Wendy and dog Toby otherwise it was quiet with not many people or cars around. I never get to our local tip as I'd need my wheelchair to get about...............all our rubbish is disposed of by Mrs Mac who knows the tip like the back of her hand. Rain forecast on Tuesday so won't be going out until Wednesday.
My local surgery hasn't sent for me for my annual medical owing to the national shortage of blood container tubes and I expect it won't be until October now.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Much cooler today and it's raining so not going out. Forecast to rain all day but better tomorrow.

Last edited: