Observations from Lincolnshire

gaula

Reaction score
Not long back from the Jubilee Hospital in Glasgow, i have been up for a pre med,
regarding having my left hip done, on the waiting list now,

quite warm here today from early morning, nice to see the sun again, made the
200 mile drive to Glasgow & back all the better.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Another warm sunny morning here today, Mrs Gaula & i, have been sitting outside
for a while enjoying the sunshine.
That sounds good. We had an early shower around 8.00am and have had a few odd spits but otherwise it's fine and I've been out to the park for 30 minutes. Overcast with no sunshine but little wind so ideal for getting out.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Overcast and a bit cool at 17C but at least there's little wind so got wrapped up and went to the park. Met up with Wendy and her dog Toby and had a chat for 15 minutes. No rain forecast for several days so will certainly get out again this week, so plenty of fresh air on the cards. The police were present in the car park (a van and a car) but not sure what that was all about. Made sure I was only doing 4mph on the pavement!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Still cool and only 16C but have been out to the park for just 20 minutes. Didn't stay long as it was windy and felt cool and didn't see anyone I know.

Elibank

Reaction score
Just been for a coffee and bacon butty with Mrs.Elibank at Barlow Fishing Lakes - munching away whilst being observed by a swan approximately one metre away, she begrudged me every bite. A local character apparently.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Just been for a coffee and bacon butty with Mrs.Elibank at Barlow Fishing Lakes - munching away whilst being observed by a swan approximately one metre away, she begrudged me every bite. A local character apparently.
That also sounds good. I had a large slice of orange and marmalade cake at the cafe today.........very tasty and will have it again with my small latte. Still quite cool at just 18C but should be warmer tomorrow so will go out again.

gaula

Reaction score
After a dull start to the day, this afternoon has turned out really warm again
with sunshine and hardly a cloud in the sky, long may it continue.

gaula

Reaction score
We could do without sunshine in your neck of the woods.
I want to come up there salmon fishing.
Nith looking a sorry state. :(
We have had very little rain here over the past few weeks, only the odd shower,
but no prolonged heavy rain, the last time i was in Dumfries, the Nith was very low.

Quite bright again this morning, it is supposed to brighten up later on again.

salarchaser

Reaction score
We have had very little rain here over the past few weeks, only the odd shower,
but no prolonged heavy rain, the last time i was in Dumfries, the Nith was very low.

Quite bright again this morning, it is supposed to brighten up later on again.
Everything seems to be going north and south of you.
Just checked the long term forecast and theres nothing until the 2nd week of september. And that could change.
We've had plenty of rain in cheshire until a couple days ago.
Dry and overcast this morning but due to brighten up.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Quite cool again today at 16C and a bit breezy but have been out for a quick trip to the park for just 20 minutes. Got wapped up with my gilet and fleece so kept quite warm. Three blackbirds in the garden this morning but they've gone now. Forecast to be a few degrees warmer on Saturday so may go out again then.............watch this space!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Sorry to rub it in chaps, but it has turned out really hot here this afternoon again,:)
You're not sorry.............ha ha!. Still cool here but warmer tomorrow. Not going out Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday as the cafe will be shut.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Much warmer today at 21C so have been out to the park and the cafe. Came back to watch the cricket and it was all over!!

gaula

Reaction score
Sunny again here from early morning, though with a slight breeze,
still quite warm. i think it's supposed to stay dry but cloudy next week,
but with no rain forcast.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Sunny again here from early morning, though with a slight breeze,
still quite warm. i think it's supposed to stay dry but cloudy next week,
but with no rain forcast.
We're enjoying the same here and our forecast is the same. Am enjoying a slice of birthday cake from our next door neighbour who is 95 today!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
A bit cool today at only 17C so have got wrapped up. Not going out and will watch TV and read. No sunshine and overcast.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Another dry bright morning here, sun trying to break through, quite pleasant.
Grey and overcast as well as being quite cool at just 16C. Not going out as it's a Bank Holiday and the cafe is shut today. Will go out tomorrow if it's dry.

Elibank

Reaction score
Just got back from doing my man-shop (I hate shopping), it’s about 15C, breezy and cloudy, if I was fishing today, I’d relish the conditions, apart from the fact that there’s no water!