Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Still too cold Mac, unseasonable and they're late with the breeding cycle. Looks like a bad rilk year all round, needed a nice warm spring, but the cold and the recent deluge at the time when they should be well out on the branches is't good.

Can't beat a goldfinch, lovely things and their twittering always makes me smile when gardening. Surprised they're rare down there. Get some niger seed out in your feeders if you have...

Have a good scoot if it's seasonable tomorrow!
Wet for the rest of this week so little chance of a scoot for several days.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A lovely sunny day with white clouds and it's quite warm at 16C................but it's going to rain this afternoon. Tomorrow is going to be fine and warmer so will go out then all being well.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A nice morning here, with blue sky & sunshine, although showers forcast later,

really warm yesterday, with no rain till early evening.
Exactly the same here except we are due showers around 3.00pm. It's warm so will probably go out for a scoot to the park around midday.

mcminnow

Reaction score
I've just read the sad story of a little boy killed by lightening in Blackpool but what on earth was he doing still on a playing field in a thunderstorm? Surely they should have been sheltering under cover.

scagit

Reaction score
That was a truly shocking accident R.I.P that boy. cant imagine what his family going through. I was up on the Eden so missed the thunder storm which came all of a sudden with lighting bolts, hail the works around 5pm which I could hear has I was speaking to my misses on the phone at the time.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A lovely sunny day and up to 16C so have been out for a scoot to the park and the cafe for a small latte. Met up with Tom and dog Jack and another lady on a mobility scooter that I know. I'm making the most of this week as it's forecast to be wet next week, although forecasts can change. We have started our village cricket season again and are so far unbeaten in four matches.

salarchaser

Reaction score
A lovely sunny day and up to 16C so have been out for a scoot to the park and the cafe for a small latte. Met up with Tom and dog Jack and another lady on a mobility scooter that I know. I'm making the most of this week as it's forecast to be wet next week, although forecasts can change. We have started our village cricket season again and are so far unbeaten in four matches.
In general, a nice day with us. Except for 20 minutes when the sky went black, thunder rolled, lighting flashed and hailstones like marbles made the lake I was fishing froth.
Standing water on the roads and in the fields.
The back of our stables an inch deep in hail.

Another balmy (or is that barmy) day in cheshire.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A grey, overcast day with no sunshine but it has been up to 14C. I stayed in as Mrs Mac had to go out and I had to wait for the postman who was bringing a parcel. No mice in the garage for a few days so still on 27. Wet tomorrow and for much of next week so won't be going out for some time but might go into the workshop to help pass the time. Because of the rain there won't be any cricket on Saturday or Sunday,

Elibank

Reaction score
A grey, overcast day with no sunshine but it has been up to 14C. I stayed in as Mrs Mac had to go out and I had to wait for the postman who was bringing a parcel. No mice in the garage for a few days so still on 27. Wet tomorrow and for much of next week so won't be going out for some time but might go into the workshop to help pass the time. Because of the rain there won't be any cricket on Saturday or Sunday,
You’re right, Mac, the forecast for the weekend here is pretty grim, might be a case for watching the football or the golf from The Belfry, a course I played with singular ineptitude years ago...🤬