Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Cloudy today with little sunshine and no blue sky, however it has reached 10C. Mrs Mac has gone out into the garden to water the flowers and reports no mice today. Going for my haircut at 3.00pm.

scagit

Reaction score
What a glorious sunny morning, second jab booked for Monday. Trout fishing this afternoon on the Ribble there was a good hatch going on there the other day, loads of Sand Martins nesting in there usual banks this year I hope we have no more mega floods till they have reared there broods.

mcminnow

Reaction score
What a glorious sunny morning, second jab booked for Monday. Trout fishing this afternoon on the Ribble there was a good hatch going on there the other day, loads of Sand Martins nesting in there usual banks this year I hope we have no more mega floods till they have reared there broods.
Also a glorious sunny morning here with lots of blue sky and a bit warmer than yesterday. Going for my second jab this afternoon at 1.50pm at the Lincolnshire Show Ground about five miles away. Had a bath this morning so I'm nice and clean for the visit. Washed what's left of my hair as well...........I look like a convict this morning!! Good luck with the trout.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Another sunny day with lots of blue sky and it's going to be 14C by this afternoon. Didn't sleep so well last night and my left arm is a bit sore from the jab. I seemed to have a bit of a fever although I feel ok now so going to take it easy today. Got very thirsty so having a mug of tea.

scagit

Reaction score
Another sunny day with lots of blue sky and it's going to be 14C by this afternoon. Didn't sleep so well last night and my left arm is a bit sore from the jab. I seemed to have a bit of a fever although I feel ok now so going to take it easy today. Got very thirsty so having a mug of tea.
First frost free morning for a while, shorts and tee shirt weather. Good to hear your ok after your2nd jab, I had no prob's with the my 1st one but when I had the flu jab in October I got hit with chills and lost of energy two days later which lasted for 24 hrs. On the Trout front most of the pools had lots of Parr feeding and not much else so I left them alone. With the River low and clear it was a good chance to see what has changed in the pools from the over wintered floods.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A dullish day here so far, but no frost, sun is trying to break through,
quite pleasant really.
A had a slight frost last night but it soon melted. Not a cloud in the sky now. Normally I would go out for a scoot but the cafe is shut on a Sunday so I'll go tomorrow instead.............good forecast all week!! No mice in the garage for a few days.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Been for a nap and slept for nearly an hour so feeling better!! Watching the IPL cricket now and having a glass of banana milk shake!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Misty and overcast early on but the sun is now breaking through. No frost although it was down to 2C overnight. Left arm still a bit sore but apart from that am fine and slept better. No other aches or pains or fever.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A nice sunny morning here again, warmer than it has been,
and no rain forcast for a while. taking Mrs Gaula to hospital
in Dumfries later for a routine appointment.
Good luck with the appointment, hope all goes well. Nice and sunny now so will go out for a scoot to the park...............forecast 16C

mcminnow

Reaction score
A bright sunny day with high white cloud and forecast to reach 16C again so going for a scoot to the park and for a latte now the cafe is fully open. Feeling better today and slept very well last night so the slight effects of jab 2 seem to have worn off. Mrs Mac is waiting for her second jab. Now I've had my second jab I can swing with the babes and chill with the dudes!!
Lots of blackbirds in the garden this morning, seven in all.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Have been to the park and stayed for 45 minutes as it was nice and warm and met up with Tom and dog Jack and another friend Wendy with her dog. May not go tomorrow as it's going to be much cooler!! Still no mice in the garage.

Elibank

Reaction score
A bright sunny day with high white cloud and forecast to reach 16C again so going for a scoot to the park and for a latte now the cafe is fully open. Feeling better today and slept very well last night so the slight effects of jab 2 seem to have worn off. Mrs Mac is waiting for her second jab. Now I've had my second jab I can swing with the babes and chill with the dudes!!
Lots of blackbirds in the garden this morning, seven in all.
..darn wiv de kids, innit....

mcminnow

Reaction score
A cold somewhat cloudy morning here today, with the sun trying to
break through the clouds, rather cold for being outside at the moment.
Exactly the same with us.............cooler, cloudy and no sunshine yet. Not going out today but may go out later in the week when it warms up a bit. Hope Mrs Gaula is ok!

mcminnow

Reaction score
A much better day now with blue sky and lots of sunshine and it's reached 12C. Still no more mice in the garage. Chicken and beans tonight as we like simple food!! Nearly all our neighbours have had their second jab now and we're waiting to hear more about the booster jab allegedly due in the autumn.

Elibank

Reaction score
Had a great trip North today, firstly to Knaresborough to see a couple of very good friends, then on to Darlington to deliver a couple of antiquarian books to my binder, John Laybourn. First lengthy trip I’ve made since the breakout, and it was really good to get out and chat face to face. The books for which John will be making clamshell boxes are “The Border Angler” by J.G.Bertram, and “Smail’s Guide to Jedburgh”

Getting near-killed with love by two black labs made the day complete, although the cat now thinks I smell a bit strange.....