Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Frosty start to the day here, plenty of blue sky & sunshine, cold once u are out
of the sun though. yesterday afternoon, we had quite a heavy shower of hail & snow
for about 15 minutes.
Clouding up quickly here and only 6C. Will report back later if it hails or snows!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Snow showers last night and a bit laying this morning first thing but it's now gone. Very sunny with lots of blue sky but it's not going to be warm, only about 9C so not going out to the park. No mice in the garage for a month although one of the traps has been moved so perhaps one escaped!!

gaula

Reaction score
We had a brief snow shower last night about 6pm,
quite hard frost last night , blue sky & plenty of sunshine now,
no wind either, which makes it more pleasant when you are outside.

mcminnow

Reaction score
My haircut?....the queue was 14, so maybe tomorrow
My hairdresser opened at 7.30am today as they are booked up for weeks ahead. They will be open seven days a week for at least the first month. I'm due at 3.15pm on Friday and will go on my mobility scooter as it's going to be fine and sunny. They always come and help me get inside and find me a seat. Musn't forget my mask!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Finally, another mouse in the garage today...............perhaps the one that sprung a trap yesterday . Now up to 24.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A cloudier morning here first thing, but a lot warmer, sun has broken through the clouds now
no frost last night,
Lots of blue sky and sunshine after slight frost last night (-2C). No mice this morning. Think I will go for a scoot to the park as it's going to reach 10C.

gaula

Reaction score
Cloudy & misty here first thing, but sun has now broken through,
& it has turned out to be a nice day. with clear blue skies.
not doing much today, as most of my jobs round about the house
are all done.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Snuck up Eccy Road like a ferret up a drainpipe this morning at silly o’clock.

Job done..👍

Grand. I've managed to come up with a new "Lockdown-resistant" hair cut, that takes me right back to the mid-90s and costs nowt as well (bonus).

Did you stick around? By the time we finished up on our first meal out for ages the place was full of folk who would be challenged to walk in a straight line trying to avoid the much increased traffic. Luckily I don't have far to go and was of course the model of sobriety...

Speaking of which...

Lots of blue sky and sunshine after slight frost last night (-2C). No mice this morning. Think I will go for a scoot to the park as it's going to reach 10C.
Take care scooting, McM, lots more folk staggering down the street than normal, it'd be like dodgems here!

Elibank

Reaction score
Grand. I've managed to come up with a new "Lockdown-resistant" hair cut, that takes me right back to the mid-90s and costs nowt as well (bonus).

Did you stick around? By the time we finished up on our first meal out for ages the place was full of folk who would be challenged to walk in a straight line trying to avoid the much increased traffic. Luckily I don't have far to go and was of course the model of sobriety...

No, didn’t stick around, I’ve seen Ecclesall Road in its pomp on a Friday/Saturday night and didn’t want put body and soul at risk. I’m a Hunter’s Bar lad born and bred....

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Aha. Bit cold for normal Feet Neet shenanigans, but they started early! Hallamshire won't know what hit it.

I was the wrong side of the tracks closer to Hannover St.. My old man used to walk home from watching the blunts and was regularly accosted by the working lasses who frequented the place till relatively recently.

His favourite tale was being accosted by two of them asking if he wanted "a bit of fun" to which his reply was, "no thanks, I've just had loads" (blunts had actually won :eek: ).

mcminnow

Reaction score
Cloudy & misty here first thing, but sun has now broken through,
& it has turned out to be a nice day. with clear blue skies.
not doing much today, as most of my jobs round about the house
are all done.
Another sunny day with some fluffy clouds. Went up to 10C so have been out again to the park. We've had our street and nearby streets resurfaced today so lots of chippings about.

Last edited:

mcminnow

Reaction score
Our weather is exactly the same as it's been all week..................very sunny, blue sky and white flurry clouds. Forecast to be 9/10C so may go out for another scoot to the park. Haircut on Friday and second jab on Saturday so a busy week for my social calendar!!! No rain forecast for at least two weeks so may have to spray the lawn and water the flower tubs.

Speaking of which...

Take care scooting, McM, lots more folk staggering down the street than normal, it'd be like dodgems here!
Lots of old folk like me in our village so they walk slowly. If it's busy I up to 6mph and go on the road!!

gaula

Reaction score
A touch of frost here this morning, together with blue sky & sunshine,
it has been like this all week here, & long may it continue,
helping a neighbour with a rockery today, plus re sanding a driveway.

Elibank

Reaction score
Same every year, eight days after Mrs. Elibank’s birthday, this happens...

3B1EB7B9-A32B-4176-8F65-741CE6CB0B21.jpeg