Observations from Lincolnshire

scagit

Reaction score
Baltic on the Eden a blizzard blew me off the river in the afternoon, I did have a quick hand shake from a fish which is a start I suppose. Coming back over Shap it was -1c and a blizzard, at the top there was a family with broken down car, they were huddle under a plastic sheet behind the crash barrier waiting for a rescue, what a nightmare place to breakdown in those conditions.

Elibank

Reaction score
Very pleasant morning after early frost, been out to Great Longstone to view the great outdoors and enjoy a lunch of potted dog sandwiches and coffee. Then on to Chatsworth Garden Centre to purchase a hanging basket which is now sitting in the garage awaiting a rise in temperatures, prior to hanging in the Elibank Towers patio area.

gaula

Reaction score
A somewhat wet, cold, & windy morning here today, so a day
for the house, which doesn't matter, as i have various things to
sort out after the hospital visit yesterday which went well.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A somewhat wet, cold, & windy morning here today, so a day
for the house, which doesn't matter, as i have various things to
sort out after the hospital visit yesterday which went well.
Not a bad day here................more white cloud and sunny and a bit warmer with not much wind. I think I'll go for a scoot to the park later. Just had a bath so will be clean and sparkly!! Cold tomorrow onwards so not ideal for going out then.

Elibank

Reaction score
Not bad here either, just a bit chilly in the breeze.

Been to have our second jabs, a great relief to get it done - it’s the wife’s birthday, so fish and chip supper tonight, our Chinese chippy does monster portions, so feeling peckish already....

A dram before bedtime will end the day well.....🥃

mcminnow

Reaction score
Not bad here either, just a bit chilly in the breeze.

Been to have our second jabs, a great relief to get it done - it’s the wife’s birthday, so fish and chip supper tonight, our Chinese chippy does monster portions, so feeling peckish already....

A dram before bedtime will end the day well.....🥃
Happy birthday Mrs Elibank............!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
It's not been a bad day and I went out for a scoot to the park. Met up with Tom and dog Jack for a chat but didn't stay long as there was a strong cold wind. Chicken, sprouts and pickled onions tonight. Last night we had pan fried duck but weren't too impressed and will stick to chicken in future.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Frosty here this morning, along with blue sky & sunshine, still a cool breeze though,
better than the wind & rain we had yesterday.
No frost as it was 5C last night. Dull and overcast with a slight breeze and it's now 10C so not too bad. Not going out as I have to hold the fort while Mrs Mac goes shopping!!

Elibank

Reaction score
We’re a bit jaded after the jabs yesterday, but nothing serious, and a feeling of relief that we’re both vaccinated - the volunteers at our medical centre were absolutely magnificent, as was the fish and chips supper, not to mention the Cardhu whisky.
A good day all round, Mrs.Elibank sends her thanks for your good wishes.

mcminnow

Reaction score
We’re a bit jaded after the jabs yesterday, but nothing serious, and a feeling of relief that we’re both vaccinated - the volunteers at our medical centre were absolutely magnificent, as was the fish and chips supper, not to mention the Cardhu whisky.
Good to hear all went well. My second jab in two weeks.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Cardhu, my late dad's favourite.

scagit

Reaction score
My daughter persuaded me to go on a bike ride up Fleetwood this morning talk about being bracing, could have done with some of those Fishermen Friends. Amazingly clear blue sky's we having now with no plane contrails blotting the sky.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Just as well I decided not to go out as we've had rain this afternoon although it's mild at 11C. We've had a tidy up today and found a first aid kit that expired in 1998..............it's now in the bin!!

Elibank

Reaction score
Could be a tricky wicket at Headingley this afternoon.....

0C369844-F7B0-4A20-9FED-4363FF720D21.png

scagit

Reaction score
Frosty start here, fascinating yesterday watching snow sweeping across Morecambe Bay and blanking the hills behind white while we were stood in sunshine. Despite covering new pot plants the frosts got half of them, my better half thinks she can raise them from the dead, see if she can perform a miracle.

Last edited:

salarchaser

Reaction score
Frosty start here, fascinating yesterday watching snow showers crossing Morecambe Bay and blanking the hills behind white while we were stood in sunshine. Despite covering new pot plants the frosts got half of them, my better half thinks she can raise them from the dead, see if she can perform a miracle.
Planted tatties later this year. Got caught out by late frosts the last two years.
Most take a set but shoot again.
Strange weather.
Was casting to rising trout in a sleet shower yesterday evening.

Had martins feasting on buzzers over the lake since the beginning of the week.
The first swallows joined in yesterday.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Frosty last night and early bright sunshine but it's now clouded over and we are expecting hail and possibly snow showers by lunchtime. Haircut booked for Friday afternoon. Definately not going out. Still no sign of swallows.

gaula

Reaction score
Frosty start to the day here, plenty of blue sky & sunshine, cold once u are out
of the sun though. yesterday afternoon, we had quite a heavy shower of hail & snow
for about 15 minutes.