Observations from Lincolnshire

mcminnow

Reaction score
Have drunk a lot of bottled water today and have therefore wee'd a lot!!. It's raining now but still very cold at just 5C!! Warmer and drier tomorrow. Have spent a total of one hour on my exercise bike.........whoooe.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Have drunk a lot of bottled water today and have therefore wee'd a lot!!. It's raining now but still very cold at just 5C!! Warmer and drier tomorrow. Have spent a total of one hour on my exercise bike.........whoooe.
Careful with too much bottled water Mac, contains a lot of calcium and can cause kidney stones.

salarchaser

Reaction score
I do know the reason for oddity in the last post.
Aparently it isnt the fact that the water could 'go off', but that the plastic bottles contain carcinogens. The longer the water is on the bottle, the more that leaches out.
Very good for you this mineral water. :unsure:

mcminnow

Reaction score
Cool and damp today so have not been out. Also a bit breezy so not ideal for sitting outside. Chinese for dinner and fish tomorrow. Probably beans/sausage on toast on Monday. Still no mice in the garage today. Will go out tomorrow.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Not a bad day here although a bit cool, but no wind so have been out for half an hour and chatted to some dog walkers I know. Fish pie and peas tonight (we always have fish on Sunday as Mrs Mac wants to keep us in the good books...lol). Checked for mice when I went out and nothing. Some rain was forecast around lunchtime but we saw nothing and it's stayed sunny. Cold tonight at 1C forecast. Weeing has dropped off a bit but still a bit dark, but that's down to the tablets I'm taking, or so it says on the box!! Will see next week.
We had bacon on bread roll for lunch......yum,yum!!

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own coun
Not a bad day here although a bit cool, but no wind so have been out for half an hour and chatted to some dog walkers I know. Fish pie and peas tonight (we always have fish on Sunday as Mrs Mac wants to keep us in the good books...lol). Checked for mice when I went out and nothing. Some rain was forecast around lunchtime but we saw nothing and it's stayed sunny. Cold tonight at 1C forecast. Weeing has dropped off a bit but still a bit dark, but that's down to the tablets I'm taking, or so it says on the box!! Will see next week.
We had bacon on bread roll for lunch......yum,yum!!
Steady on McM - my mouth is watering, here I am in a predominantly muslim part of the world dreaming of proper fried crackle... Luxury.

Good to see you're still in rude health :cool:

mcminnow

Reaction score
Am feeling fine. Haven't heard anything more back from the doctor so presume there's no panic!! I saw her on Tuesday so I'm sure I'd have had a call if things were not good.

Elibank

Reaction score
Am feeling fine. Haven't heard anything more back from the doctor so presume there's no panic!! I saw her on Tuesday so I'm sure I'd have had a call if things were not good.
You’re using my system there - if you don’t hear anything, ignore them....

mcminnow

Reaction score
Not sure what its like in your neck of the world Mac but a heavy frost here this morning.
Nice bright autumnal day though.
Some frost this morning as the summer house roof was white. Also bright and sunny although only 8C in the conservatory.
You’re using my system there - if you don’t hear anything, ignore them....
Well things have improved and am weeing less so looking good. I'm sure they wouldn't have left it a week if something was wrong.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Only had to get up once last night as weeing tailing off. Had my last tablet at lunchtime so will need to check the colour tomorrow for a return to normal. Not been out today as Mrs Mac had to go out and I had to wait for a parcel to be delivered. Will go out tomorrow. I think the tablets have been making me thirsty!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
No wind today and very still but it's wet and forecast to rain all day and it's a bit cool. Hence, I shall not be going out as I don't want to get wet and catch a chill. Had a much better night and only had to get up once for a wee!! Will be studying the colour as time goes by. I'll watch TV and read my book and the papers. It looks as if Lincolnshire will be in a severe lock down soon so may not be able to get out so much. Will see what the rules and regulations say when it's announced. No problem with Christmas as there will be just me and Mrs Mac for our three bird roast (pheasant, partridge and pigeon). We will have honey parsnips, sprouts, carrots, red cabbage, pigs in blankets, stuffing, bread sauce and cranberry sauce with some Schloer (grape and apple). We prefer the parsnips to potatoes. We won't have any Christmas pudding as we'll be full up by then!!

Flappy

Reaction score
Only had to get up once last night as weeing tailing off. Had my last tablet at lunchtime so will need to check the colour tomorrow for a return to normal. Not been out today as Mrs Mac had to go out and I had to wait for a parcel to be delivered. Will go out tomorrow. I think the tablets have been making me thirsty!!
Have you grown webbed fingers yet..?

Hemmy

Reaction score
Shouldn’t worry about anything Flappy says Mac.........looks like he “joined “us this afternoon and started off with controversial posts on the Maradonna thread.
He/she doesn’t appear to have introduced himself......🤔

Flappy

Reaction score
Shouldn’t worry about anything Flappy says Mac.........looks like he “joined “us this afternoon and started off with controversial posts on the Maradonna thread.
Oh dear...how terrible...

mcminnow

Reaction score
So I see, not a good start!!

Andrew B

Reaction score
I seem to remember you being associated with the river Lune.
Do you miss it at all, and do you still fish?

mcminnow

Reaction score
Very cold this morning (4C) so decided not to go out. A much better night and didn't have to get up until 6.00am. Cold last night at just 1C and frosty this morning.
I seem to remember you being associated with the river Lune.
Do you miss it at all, and do you still fish?

Yes, I fished the Lune from 1960 until 2009. I don't fish any more as I'm now disabled and in a wheelchair (not good for wading!!) Caught my first salmon in 1960 (10.5lbs) and my last in 2009 (13.5 lbs). Total catch 505 salmon, 183 sea trout. Largest salmon 27.5 lbs, largest sea trout 7 lbs.
I fished KLAA, Rigmaden and Underley Estate private beat over that period.