Observations from Lincolnshire

Elibank

Reaction score
Not a lot to report except we've had showers on and off all day so have not been out. Still no birds in the garden.
If the forecast for this week is correct, Mac, you might have a bit of cabin fever to come - hope they’ve got it wrong again....

Edit: 8.00. Thunder, lightning, heavy rain here now

Last edited:

mcminnow

Reaction score
Yes, have been looking at the forecast but don't mind staying in. If I can find a dry couple of hours I might get out for a spin.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Today's rain has not appeared as yet so have been out to the cafe and the park for half an hour. We've heard some thunder this afternoon but it's passing to the east and north of us. No rain tomorrow until late afternoon so will be able to get out, all being well.
Saw some sparrows in the garden this morning but nothing else! It has been warm today at 24C and a bit humid.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Virtually no rain today despite the forecast so have been out to the cafe and the park again. Met up with three people I knew and chatted for 35 minutes. We've had only a slight breeze and plenty of blue sky. Rain forecast tomorrow but will wait and see and if it's wrong then I'll go out again. Beans and sausage last night and fish cakes tonight. Chicken kebabs on Wednesday. Still no birds in the garden so that's five days with no blackbirds or starlings. With it being a bit cooler I've increased the time on my exercise bike and have managed 70 minutes a day. It has been 24C today which is not too bad.

mcminnow

Reaction score
Rain forecast this afternoon, which arrived at 1.30pm. Decided to go out early to the cafe and park so left at 10.00am and stayed out for 40 minutes.. Watched an AWAC circling the village (it came round 5 times). Still raining and due to last fro a while yet. Chicken kebab tonight with fairy food (mashed carrots and swede). Chicken thighs, sprouts and pickle onions tomorrow and scampi on Friday.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A lovely day with lots of blue sky and sunshine with a cooling wind. Went out after lunch for 45 minutes and it was very pleasant. Couldn't get into the cafe at first as the local walking club were in residence so went and sat out in the park and met up with Tom and Jack (Jack is the dog...........a terrier).

mcminnow

Reaction score
Very windy here but no rain so far. Have been out quickly to the post box and the cafe but then came straight back. Wind forecast at 50+mph so staying in now as don't want to end up in the next county!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Mrs Mac has gone into the garden.................if she doesn't come back I'll know what's happened!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Scampi tonight, Chinese tomorrow and fish/potatoes on Sunday. Beans/sausage on toast for Monday. Mrs Mac still here, wind dying down!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Still a bit windy but not a bad day and not as windy as yesterday so have been out to the cafe and the park. Met up with Tom and dog Jack for a chat. Quite a lot of cars in the car park but no queues for the shops so not sure where everyone was. Mrs Mac safe and sound and we are both well.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A lovely day with sunshine and blue sky so have been out to the cafe and the park. Saw Tom and dog Jack going for a walk. Very quiet with only a few cars and people................no queues at the shops. It's now ten days since we saw any blackbirds in the garden so it looks like we have been abandoned for pastures new!!

mcminnow

Reaction score
Wet all day on Tuesday and very windy (56mph) so won't be going out. Better day on Wednesday so may get out then. Just had my beans/sausage on toast!! Fish and chips tomorrow, sausage and red cabbage on Wednesday.