November 2018 Tie of the Month competition - Ladies Night

Who tied your favourite fly from the November 2018 Tie of the Month - Ladies Night?

• Andrzej

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • DrPatrickT

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Perry Poker

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Grassy_Knollington

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • nwsalar

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Mattytree

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • GaryD

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Jockiescott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westie4566

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • CharlesW

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • AlanT

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I really am struggling to pick my favourite this month. DrPatrickT with another stunner, nwsalar with sheer perfection and all the rest that I could have very easily chosen.

Then charlesw with a masterclass in creating a body. To get so much into a body and keep it slim and uniform throughout takes some doing.

Decisions, decisions!!! :confused:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I've been thinking pretty much the same thing jockiescott :). Think it will be the process of elimination with a coin toss :nod:

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Another great set. Really hard to choose between styles and finish. All really good at least 3 worthy to be outright winners. Thanks.
I

mows

Reaction score
Every month it gets better.
There really is very little between them all.
It ended up a toss up between NWSALAR and Grassy knollinton for me.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Do we have a December tie of the month?
Good question Matty

We don’t have one because the last monthly vote of the 2018 competition is going to be a ‘tie of the year’ vote for the best of all the winners over 2018.

Because we allow 1 month for votes I can’t start the Tie of the Year post until Jan - because we won’t know the November winner until 31st Dec.

I thought about cutting down the availabie voting time, but decided not to because it can be hard enough to get the votes in as it is.

You’ll have to keep your powder dry until Feb 2019. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about Springers in the N Tyne that early mind.

Thanks for the question.

Last edited:

Mattytree

Reaction score
Good question Matty

We don’t have one because the last monthly vote of the 2018 competition is going to be a ‘tie of the year’ vote for the best of all the winners over 2018.

Because we allow 1 month for votes I can’t start the Tie of the Year post until Jan - because we won’t know the December winner until 31st Dec.

I thought about cutting down the availabie voting time, but decided not to because it can be hard enough to get the votes in as it is.

You’ll have to keep your powder dry until Feb 2019. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about Springers in the N Tyne that early mind.

Thanks for the question.
Thanks for the post and information.
I’ll have to get on the Fed water and try for a springer!

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
November TOTM Winner!

In first place we have another winner from one of our title contenders Dr PatrickT. Well done!

In second we have an absolute stunner from nwsalar. I would love to be able to tie like that.

I’m in 3rd and Perrypoker comes in 4th.

Yet another great selection of flies for November. The last vote for the 2018 competition will be for the best of all winners from 2018. The poll will be up at the weekend, when I arrive home!

Happy New Year and thanks for all who entered and voted. :thumb:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Well done Patrick :thumb: once again there was some cracking fly's on show :cool: well done everyone who entered :clap:

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Well done Patrick :thumb: once again there was some cracking fly's on show :cool: well done everyone who entered :clap:
Cheers Arnold, I think this year we’ve had some belters. Some flies that didn’t score high in the rankings or didn’t win were fabulous. Looking forward to next year already.

Many thanks to GK for running the show. All the best, Patrick

Ps. Just caught my first cod - or cod family - on one of my flies on a Scottish sea loch ( bug bond sand eel with stuck on plastic eyes made from hole-punched circles from a plastic bag, marked with black marker- it’s horrible, poorly tied but functional). Not a big fish and neither were the 10 coalies that liked it as well. 👍👍😀😀😀

Lamson v10

Reaction score
There were some cracking fly's that didn't get the vote but that's just the way it goes in a tying comp, still it's great to see them and fun to take part, so let's hope it continues, and thank's to GK for keeping it going , I do miss taking part myself but the new rules and working away from home a lot stops me from entering

Congratulations on your cod and coalies :thumb:

All the best
Arnold

Last edited: