North Esk

BigMalc

Reaction score
Am fishing the Kinnaber beat on 1st week in August any advice on fly,s and tactics for this beat would be much appreciated.

westie4566

Reaction score
I'd make sure to take a single hander with you and unless the river is very big (we wish right now) you won't need anything much bigger than a switch. small dhander for anything else.

Make sure to take plenty wee hitch flies and some heavy Francis type flies.

Other than that, listen to Ron - he'll keep you right!

mows

Reaction score
I agree with Westie. I like cascade\kk styles as well.
There's a lot of rain expected next weekend.
There is a surprising number of fish still going past the Loups, but the current warm water will be putting them off a bit.
I believe tracking style bugs have done there as well.
Ron will keep you right.

mc andy

Reaction score
The pool at the top of your beat would be my favourite! Can't remember it's name? Ron's pool possibiy? This was my favorite, but the whole set up is for fisherman to simply fish. The house is 10yds from the river.

Couple of picks to wet your appetite from our trip 5yrs ago.

Jack Holroyd

Reaction score
Top pic is Allen stream, great pool, surprisingly deep up in the neck. Second the Viaduct, great pool just as the tide fills and the salmon slip in. They only swirl in the tail but take a three inch collie dog stripped , like tigers.

kinnaber

Reaction score
Am fishing the Kinnaber beat on 1st week in August any advice on fly,s and tactics for this beat would be much appreciated.
I hope you haven’t got your dates mixed up as I’m fishing first week in August (all rods and lodge) ?

mc andy

Reaction score
Top pic is Allen stream, great pool, surprisingly deep up in the neck. Second the Viaduct, great pool just as the tide fills and the salmon slip in. They only swirl in the tail but take a three inch collie dog stripped , like tigers.
Cheers for naming that Jack! It was called andys by the the time I'd finished with it on our trip! The time I spent in it :)

BigMalc

Reaction score
checked my dates I sunday to wednesday think I the 4 rod in your party, looking forward to it.

kinnaber

Reaction score
checked my dates I sunday to wednesday think I the 4 rod in your party, looking forward to it.
Definetly NOT As far as I’m concerned , I have 4 rods ? It’s nothing new having bookings ****** up here .

kinnaber

Reaction score
Ok. I’m not sure whether or not you are at the wind up as plenty of that goes on here ? I have clarified this situation with the fishery manager and owner and you are definetly not fishing my dates . I have numerous weeks on the beat over the season and take full rod complement and lodge at all times so perhaps you need to clarify your booking ?

BigMalc

Reaction score
Sorry Kinnaber you are correct my apologies my dates were wrong , its an age thing.

mc andy

Reaction score
See if I'm going a fishing holiday! My wife knows, my neighbours know, the friends of my great granny since long past know! How the feck can you get fishing dates mixed up!? :unsure:

kinnaber

Reaction score
Oh the banter ...... glad it’s clarified ? Will leave you plenty as I’m primarily chef and sommelier these days .