North Esk 2021

scoops

Reaction score
Day on Canterland today, the rain that was forecast last week never amounted to much during the week.
It was a day of all 4 seasons, hail, rain n sunshine
Seen a few fresh fish but never connected, had a kelt which thought was a fresh fish even when got it in the net, only realised it was a kelt when seen it had been on a slim fast plan, one the other rods had a sea liced fish 👍
Learned two things today, don’t lock your car if resting your rods against the wing mirrors and don’t let your dropper flap about if using your window wipers, got away lucky today but both could have ended badly 😳
Hopefully get out for a few hours on Tuesday if the forecast rain happens over the weekend 🤞

scoops

Reaction score
Edzell is full of diseased salmon I counted at least 10 today some of them were big fish, it breaks my heart to see this.
There was a couple on canterland yesterday, would imagine be a trickle at Edzell just now and not much fishing spots
fingers crossed some rain arrives this week to get them moving again.

Attachments

• A74A880F-11A6-49CB-B3AA-2E606E35C9C9.jpeg
    A74A880F-11A6-49CB-B3AA-2E606E35C9C9.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 85

Lamson v10

Reaction score
We had a cpl of heavy showers whilst there and was really Black up the hills when we left , defo no shortage of fish but it's really in need of a cpl of days of rain to get thing's kick started

scoops

Reaction score
We had a cpl of heavy showers whilst there and was really Black up the hills when we left , defo no shortage of fish but it's really in need of a cpl of days of rain to get thing's kick started
Looked black on the hills most of the day yesterday, was surprised when seen was no lift today

Greegs

Reaction score
Just back from Balmakewen today.
3 days fishing on blanked.

Hooked a fish in Luther on Thursday morning & lost it & thought we were in for a bumper few days but never happened.

2 takes today in front of the lodge with a Sunray but they never stuck.

Loads of fish running through the beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Game

Reaction score
Has there been much of a rise in the river with the recent rains?

Have an offer of a rod on Sat, but not sure TBH. I hate it when the river is on it's bones.

mows

Reaction score
Has there been much of a rise in the river with the recent rains?

Have an offer of a rod on Sat, but not sure TBH. I hate it when the river is on it's bones.
Been a decent rise with some snow now on the hills.
Potentially rain on Saturday too.